Engineer II - Security System at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Engineer II - Security System
Responsible for assessing and analyzing systems security, product protection, and systems-level architecture trades against assurance requirements as they relate to mission success. Understanding of implementation of System Security technologies for systems and systems of systems solutions. Support for developing strategic modeling and simulation capability to quantify the effect of resiliency trades on mission risk.
What You'll Do:
- Support leading edge technical security architectures, cyber intrusion, anti-tamper designs, and reverse engineering solutions for critical customers.
- Close collaboration with Commercial off-the Shelf (COTS) device developers to securely integrate COTS processors, Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs), and other components into space and weapon systems with expanded environments.
- Work with program and mission-system personnel to define, assess, model, and analyze system security requirements and systems-level architectures, including the Antenna technology, BCP bus, and payloads.
- Provide red team assessments to our product portfolio.
- Provide architectural assessments of Payload and SC Bus Assemblies
- Support proposal activity by providing cost and schedule estimates related to security architecture and design influences on security assurance requirements and mission success.
- Provide key assurance products, analysis, and risk assessment through proposal and program life cycles as needed.
- Interface with program personnel such as designers, customers, suppliers, management, and mission assurance disciplines to provide best-value mission/system/program solutions.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school that is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Cybersecurity, Electrical, or Software Engineering preferred.
- Collaborative working skills with programs, cross-disciplinary teams and with management.
- Expertise/experience with assessing and quantifying system-level mission risk is a plus.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $102,000 - $126,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.