Engineer II - RF Range Systems at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineer II – RF Range Systems
This engineer position will have antenna range measurements and systems as its area of expertise and leadership
What You’ll Do:
- Apply technical knowledge in electrical engineering, RF engineering and RF electronics to antenna measurement challenges.
- Have a good understanding of radars and/or precision network analyzer RF measurement systems. Understanding of both is a plus.
- Be able to perform the basics of optimizing RF systems for dynamic range over broad frequency ranges
- Document and create reports for the configuration and processes of the ranges in the Ball configuration management system.
- Present technical information including reports and presentations to senior staff.
- Advise on the technical aspects of maintenance, repair, and upgrade projects under senior staff recommendation and/or direction.
- Research and develop technical solutions to problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Provide training and guidance to technicians on techniques and processes used to measure antennas.
- Ensure developed requirements are maintained as well as verification & validation products are available necessary to sell off the technical performance for vendor contract deliverables
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Competency and demonstrated success in core electrical engineering, RF antenna and RF electronics skills.
- Capability of interfacing and communicating effectively with co-workers and customers at all levels.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer application skills, such as Matlab, C, C++, IDL, STK, DOORS, and other analytical tools is a strong plus.
- 2 or more years of experience as a technical lead in spacecraft or instrument programs or related fields.
- Experience in radar systems and software engineering is a plus including, but not limited to: MatLab, Saber, OrbitFR, and KnowBell.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $102,000 - $126,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.