Engineer II - RF Range Operations at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area, CO)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Clearance Requirement: A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineer II – RF Range Operations
This engineer position will have antenna range measurements as its area of expertise and leadership.
What You’ll Do:
- Apply high level operational and some technical knowledge in electrical engineering, RF engineering and RF electronics to support antenna measurement challenges.
- Have a good understanding of configuration management and test planning. Familiar with radars and/or precision network analyzer RF measurement systems. Understanding of both is a plus.
- Be able to document and assemble RF systems for dynamic range over broad frequency ranges
- Document and create reports for the configuration and processes of the ranges in the Ball configuration management system.
- Present information including reports and presentations to senior staff.
- Advise on the operational aspects of maintenance, repair, and upgrade projects under senior staff recommendation and/or direction.
- Create spread sheets and apply maintenance programs for precision equipment that has continuous 24-hour regular use.
- Provide training and guidance to technicians on operations, techniques, and processes used to measure antennas.
- Ensure developed requirements are maintained as well as verification & validation products are available necessary to sell off the technical performance for vendor contract deliverables
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree may be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering with operational engineering experience preferred.
- Competency and demonstrated success in core electrical engineering, RF systems and RF electronics skills.
- Capability of interfacing and communicating effectively with co-workers at all levels.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $104,500 - $129,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.