Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineer II – Mission Systems Analyst
This engineering position will have modelling and simulation as its area of specialization with a focus on analyzing complex system performance against mission-level needs.
Under the general supervision of a senior-level mission architect, you will analyze of variety of space architectures for defense and civil missions, using a custom-built tool suite. Your systems analysis results will guide and/or set architecture, system and/or component requirements.
What You’ll Do:
- Development of new tools and algorithms for mission systems modeling and data analysis.
- Work closely with hardware engineers to develop state-of-the-art system designs and analyze performance of hardware demonstrations.
- As a team member, contribute to completion of milestones within specific projects and provide solutions to a variety of technical problems.
- Prepare and give presentations to peers/management/customers may be required.
- Responsibilities may include new business support in the form of proposal writing and/or cost/schedule estimation.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or related technical field plus 5 or more years related experience is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- MS or PhD in Physics, Mathematics, or a related technical field is strongly preferred.
- Experience with MATLAB programming is required. Training for other packages may be provided as needed.
- Experience with analysis of systems, dissection of complex problems, and identification of key performance drivers.
- Strong MATLAB programming skills.
- Strong analytic modeling capabilities.
- Ability to document analysis results and write reports.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface with technicians, peers, senior-level engineers, business development, management.
- Ability to contribute to the success of small teams through excellent teamwork.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $102,000 - $126,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.