Engineer II - Mechanical (Mechanisms) at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineer II - Mechanical (Mechanisms)
What You'll Do:
- Participate in mechanical engineering design of aerospace mechanisms and/or precision aerospace electro-mechanical, and/or opto-mechanical flight hardware systems, from concept through final delivery.
- Perform CAD modeling, design analysis to meet Technical Requirements
- Design Control System Architecture and Robotics for Active Mechanism/Systems.
- Support Requirements Development, Design for Manufacturing, Design for Test, and Requirements Verification.
- Proactively identify, communicate, and manage risks and opportunities.
- Provide technical oversight of mechanisms related subcontracts.
- Contribute to continuous evolution of mechanism related processes and tools to improve execution.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering preferred.
- Experience in mechanism design for aerospace applications desired.
- Proficiency using CAD software for modeling/drafting (SolidWorks preferred) and Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
- Demonstrated design analysis capability.
- Prior participation in written and/or oral proposal/design review activities for external Customers. (Experience with NASA and DoD programs preferred)
- Active TS/SCI clearance required.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $97,000 - $120,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.