Engineer II - Life Cycle Sustainment (RAMS/ILS) Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical Parts at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Engineer II - Life Cycle Sustainment (RAMS/ ILS) Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical Parts
Execute Parts Engineering requirements and expertise across Ball Aerospace’s programs, customer base, and engineering departments. Work with the Life Cycle Sustainment Engineering team to establish Parts Engineering requirements appropriate for the hardware, mission, and customer base. Support Parts Engineering requirements and recommendations across the company to establish standards and consistency for current mission success and for future execution.
What You’ll Do:
- Be personally mentored and trained one-on-one by a Staff Consultant Subject Matter Expert (SME), a Project Engineer, and a Principle Engineer SME in the Life Cycle Sustainment Engineering Department, with >50 years of combined direct ILS / RAMS Engineering experience.
- Support the development of Mission Systems Assurance policies and implement the program strategy and procedures necessary to ensure compliance with all company and government requirements.
- Support establishing companywide Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical (EEE) Parts policy and procedures to ensure appropriate requirements based on mission type and customer base.
- Support risk assessments to program management on application of a wide range of EEE Parts commodity types and requirements levels.
- Provide and communicate understanding of both the technical and programmatic aspects of a EEE Parts program to the project team as well as the customer.
- Provide advice, guidance, and assistance to customers and senior management relative to EEE parts engineering.
- Provide oversight to subcontractor electronics execution of EEE part requirements including requirement allocation, review, feedback, and approval of EEE parts.
- Support DMSMS and obsolescence monitoring programs with recommened actions to enable whole-life product support.
- Provide detailed component failure analyses to support risk-based program decisions.
- Work with classified documents which requires thorough knowledge of DoD procedures for the proper usage and safeguarding of classified information.
- Interface with Program Managers, Project Engineers, Business Assurance Managers, Mission Area Leads, and customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical parts design and processing is highly preferred for this specific role. Experience at a wafer fabrication facility or like role as a Process Engineer is desirable.
- Degree in Materials Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written, communication, oral presentations skills, and ability to lead group discussions.
- A track record of highly collaborative working skills in a team environment.
- Willingness to assist other parts engineers in completing their tasks.
- Ability to learn new subjects / techniques / software, without, necessarily, the assistance of others.
- A current TS/SCI security clearance strongly preferred.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $104,500 - $129,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.