Engineer I - Tooling at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Engineer I – Tooling
At Ball Aerospace’s Westminster Colorado location, we develop and manufacture state of the art RF & sensor technologies that are integrated onto tactical missile and aircraft platforms. If you’d like to join our rapidly growing operations team in a mission to help the warfighter, this could be an ideal role for you.
The Tooling Engineer is an additional role we’re adding to our team. The intent of this assignment is to support the Manufacturing & NPI Value Streams by providing tooling support for legacy programs in production and new programs from Development. The position will require a solutions driven individual with outstanding communication skills and experience with creating and/or maintaining tooling. This opportunity requires a result driven individual, with vision, to solve system challenges in direct support of the Tactical Solutions (TS) Strategic Business Unit (SBU).
What You’ll Do:
- Demonstrate ownership in the manufacturing support of Tactical RF aperture and electronic products in a high mix / low volume aerospace environment, supporting our mission to help the warfighter on advanced technology platforms.
- Ensure the manufacturing producibility of aerospace hardware, by guiding the program manufacturing team in the development and implementation of improvements in methods, tooling, and procedures to meet contract/schedule/quality requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability to organize information, job tasks, and manage time for most efficient and “best value” performance. Establishes personal objectives; sets expectations of self that are aligned with organizational and departmental HOSHIN goals.
- Review tooling drawings, procedures, and engineering orders for completeness. Implement engineering changes and incorporate corrective action.
- Write Process Plans to effectively perform Tooling Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) Shop Orders.
- Define TPM reoccurring schedules for all tooling on any given program and ensure the completion of TPMs occur on time.
- Lead in the development, maintenance, and enforcement of effective and efficient manufacturing build instructions for tooling that meet program, customer, and government compliance requirements.
- Maintain and control hardware tooling in accordance with quality business system requirements.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including Design Engineering, Test Engineering, Quality Assurance, Supply Chain Management, process labs and outside suppliers. Maintains excellent rapport with internal/external customers.
- Understand and competently uses in-house business systems including Product Data Management, Manufacturing Execution System, MRP, manufacturing shop floor control, and internal status reporting.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA degree or higher in Engineering or a related field is required plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and support within an engineering, planning, and/or technical resource organization.
- Proven ability to interface effectively with people at all levels, meet regularly with customers, and provide status to leadership to internal groups and teams.
- A creative approach to problem solving and an appetite for experimentation, having curiosity and humility.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $78,000 - $97,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.