This is a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 24 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above.
Guild is hiring for a Software Engineer to work with a high performing team to innovate and build software that helps students take advantage of Guild’s affordable education programs and coaching services. You will collaborate with the most talented and creative engineers, product managers, and designers to build products that are intuitive, easy to use, and provide a frictionless experience for our users. Moreover, you’ll use your passion for writing clean, well-tested, and reusable code to build high quality software that will scale efficiently with our continued business growth.
This role is great for you if you are excited about making a difference with technology by building solutions that connect students, employers, and universities to deliver education at an affordable price, ultimately changing the landscape for how we think about delivering education products to learners across the country.
As a Software Engineer you will:
- Build software solutions using technologies such as Python, Node.js, Ruby on Rails, React, AWS, PostgreSQL
- Proactively engage with the team whether gathering requirements, choosing technology, deploying a solution in production, or participating in day-to-day activities via our agile sprints, daily standups, planning, and retros
- Work closely with our product team to ensure that project plans, stories, and estimates are accurate and ensure that features delivered meet requirements and are delivered on-time
- Continue to build new features and maintain existing Guild software programs, often integrating multiple internal systems and third party APIs in the process
- Write simple, clean, and maintainable code
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and designers including Stafford, Travis and Madeline
Our team emphasizes Guild company values in the following ways:
- Be an Owner - Our work is tied to outcomes for our stakeholders. We set clear expectations for delivery.
- Scale for Students; Students for Scale - We build consistently, test everything, keep an eye on it, and handle failure with grace.
- Have a Learner’s Mindset - Always be learning and share what you’ve learned. With our team, other teams, the business, and the developer community.
- Be Teammates - Respect underlies all relationships between teammates. Respecting each others' time, respecting expertise, and elevating our teammates. Better outcomes follow from leveraging the collective over the individual.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Familiarity with data structures and databases (PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis) and modern source control (Github)
- Passion for higher education and our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly learning the landscape and effectively adapting your expertise
- A demonstrated curiosity and interest in keeping up and experimenting with new technologies – you enjoy technical reading and want to share engineering best practices
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $95,000 - 117,500, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth