Engineer I - Cloud Systems Administrator at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI CI Polygraph security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineer I – Cloud Systems Administrator
Cloud systems administrator to assist in development and administration of new cloud-based satellite ground systems deployed system in the AWS C2S environment. This position will be working on a team realizing the architecture for products such as command and control, mission planning, mission data processing, and satellite simulation in the cloud. This position requires skills and experience in Windows and Linux system administration, AWS Cloud Resources Troubleshooting, user account maintenance, and IT system security standards. The ideal candidate will have a detailed knowledge of system administration, cloud technologies, software development processes, infrastructure deployment/management technologies, CI/CD pipelines, programming languages, and the ability to step in and help with development when needed.
What You’ll Do:
- Detailed oriented cloud system administration and development.
- Work as part of an integrated development team to build satellite ground systems.
- Work with the following software development lifecycle concepts: Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous Deployment (CD).
- Setup, maintain, secure, and configure servers running in the cloud.
- Assist in software development and testing as necessary.
- Perform Tier 2 software application maintenance and backups on assigned systems running a variety of operating systems to include Linux and Windows.
- AWS Cloud administration responsible for configuration, maintenance, monitoring and overall support of multiple AWS C2S environments.
- Setup, install, configure AWS Workspaces, maintain, and restore backups and snapshots. Update system process documentation, guides, diagrams, and SOPs as needed.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance such as general computer tasks, backup/restore, application loads, disk utilization, system loading and system monitoring.
- Detect, isolate, document, quickly report, and resolve system outages or problems encountered during operations of the operational system baseline, which includes collecting diagnostic data, restoring the system operation, developing workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system.
- Document problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools.
- Collect data describing the C2S environment at the time of the failure and performs other activities in support of Tier 3 maintenance investigation and resolution.
- Support systems integration groups as required for ongoing analysis and integration efforts.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $84,000 - $104,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.