Engineer Associate - Manufacturing (OE&P) at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 should it be reinstated.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Engineer Associate – Manufacturing (OE&P)
Join the Operational Engineering & Planning (OE&P) team today! Perform analysis, planning, control and improvement of manufacturing and test operations, focusing on material management and flow for program operations to avoid delays and program disruptions. This will evolve from simply running MRP tools to program part substitutions, risk and schedule management and finally manage the operational baseline of program materials.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with guidance to modify product designs assuring manufacturability; reduce product costs, meet program delivery requirements, and assure rigorous quality requirements are efficiently met through the application of professionally accepted industrial techniques, practices, and procedures.
- Support with guidance the development, maintenance and enforcement of effective and efficient manufacturing processes, instructions, flows, systems, and facilities that meet program, customer, and government compliance requirements.
- Develop and maintain detailed production plans, manufacturing schedules, and factory forecasts in support of program and enterprise level operations.
- Follow processes that effectively control company- and customer-owned material, property, and assets.
- Use and apply technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Work on routine tasks using knowledge, skills, and experience in different applications.
- Contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Work under general supervision and follow established procedures.
- Provide solutions to technical problems of limited scope and complexity.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- A demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level.
Full-Time On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site full-time. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $64,500 - $80,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.