Engineer Associate - Industrial Operations at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineer Associate – Industrial Operations
What You’ll Do:
- Evaluate system capacity demand, identifying constraints and waste, and propose effective solutions.
- Facilitate operational strategic planning efforts to identify purpose and long-term goals.
- Collect and evaluate project scope and requirements.
- Manage capital equipment efforts from trade studies to equipment selection through implementation, and support commissioning of new equipment.
- Support the development of a strategic roadmap for future operations growth.
- Improve forecast database management and analyze the outputs to quantify business demands.
- Perform factory and individual value stream analysis using simulation software.
- Develop and deliver effective presentations to executive staff and project stakeholders.
- Lead small teams through projects.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Industrial Engineering preferred.
- Low volume / high mix manufacturing experience is desired.
- Experience in facility expansion planning and design using the traditional Industrial Engineering tool set (block diagrams, material flow analysis, capacity planning, material handling systems, etc.) is desired.
- Experience relocating or moving manufacturing equipment.
- Basic understanding of financial analysis concepts and methods. Lean accounting knowledge desired.
- Able to use software systems: AutoCAD, MS Suite, MS Project and MS Visio.
- Familiarity with and ability to teach the Lean Manufacturing tool set (6S, TPM, Value Stream Mapping, single piece flow).
- Direct experience with Lean Manufacturing, which includes both the business philosophy aspect as well as the "tool set" is preferred.
- Background in electronics, software, machining, or similar work environments preferred.
- Experience with manufacturing modeling software or queueing theory preferred.
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as a team player.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Ability to work and manage to strict schedules.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment to achieve solutions that are best for the company.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $63,000 - $78,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.