Engineer Associate - Electrical Design at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineer Associate - Electrical Design
The Test Systems and Cable Manufacturing Team is seeking an Associate Electrical Engineer to join our Electrical Solutions business unit.
In this exciting career opportunity, you will develop and document non-flight Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) such as: designs for test cables, chassis, racks and fixtures; board and box-level test sets; interconnect diagrams; thermal vacuum fixturing, and project facility and test layout plans, etc.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop CAD models of electronics designs and generate cable designs, schematics, Wirelists and detailed assembly drawings, and production release drawings.
- Develop product structures, identify and manage long lead procurements.
- Work with production planners and assembly technicians to resolve issues during fabrication cycle.
- Report status of tasks being worked and learn how to overcome obstacles that are preventing progress.
- Network with co-workers to understand the expertise of colleagues who can provide consultation for problem solving.
- Learn to leverage heritage designs to save schedule and cost when appropriate.
- Review, understand and help derive requirements for the EGSE which is being designed.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or related technical field is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following CAD tools:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to exercise them in a technical environment.
- The following skills are strongly desired:
- Experience with Agile PDM tool.
- Strong working knowledge of industry specifications and standards.
- Skilled in Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5M.
- Spacecraft cable and wire harness design experience.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $69,500 - $86,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.