Bluprint is looking for someone who wants to use their Android knowledge and background to help our customers bring passion to action, someone excited about building a groundbreaking new app experience centered around this theme. We educate and entertain our customers with video and this will be a key area of experience we will be looking for, this includes building interactive experiences around the content itself. We need someone who enjoys working closely with a product team focused on developing amazing app experiences and being a part of everything that team does. This will also include building community and social connections for a passionate audience, a lot to look forward to here!
You'll be focused on delivering polished user interfaces, proposing creative solutions, and ultimately help us push towards exciting opportunities and rewarding goals. You’ll be a part of a larger front end engineering team that offers incredible team support, a friendly culture, and an
environment that encourages learning. You’ll be expected to work with that team to determine the best course of action and to develop a stable and performant app that can be iterated on quickly. If you’re curious, flexible, and adaptable in adopting and learning new technologies then
this role could be an amazing fit!
Be a key contributor to a complex Android project centered around video consumption
Collaborate with product managers, UX, backend and QA to deliver stable and performant user experiences around product goals.
Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
Be helpful, supportive and collaborative with both your product team and your functional team
Plan and implement refactoring projects to reduce technical debt and improve Android User Interfaces
2+ years Android development experience or 3-4 years of other software development experience
● Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
● Must be willing to work in Denver, CO
● Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
● Experience with Kotlin
● Experience with RxJava
● Familiarity with modern Android development & libraries (Room, Dagger 2, ConstraintLayout)
● A familiarity or a strong interest in learning functional programming and functional reactive programming
● Strong attention to detail, time-management skills, and the ability to self-manage tasks
● Able to evaluate performance issues with the suite of tools provided in Android Studio and developer options on a device
● A knack for benchmarking and optimization
● Experience with mobile video playback
● Extensive knowledge of asynchronous programming, the app life cycle and networking
● Experience in writing testable code
● Familiarity with JUnit and Mockito (or Mockk) a plus