Emerging Technology - Principal Engineer I at Spectrum (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Spectrum's Product and Technology team creates, develops, and operates the nation's fastest mobile service, most reliable internet service, most viewed live TV app, and the most advanced WiFi, serving nearly 100 million users and 500 million devices. We are transforming the next era of connectivity and entertainment experiences. The diversity of experience available within Spectrum's Product and Technology team is unmatched and there are opportunities to grow your career as a designer, architect, engineer, developer, operator, or data scientist. We are creative, disciplined, hard-working, complex-problem solvers that believe in collaborating to deliver the highest quality customer experience.
BE PART OF THE CONNECTION
The Principal Engineer is responsible for Database design and Administration for the teams' databases. In this role you'll work closely with the Software Engineering and Data analytics teams to develop and test Data architecture and queries to determine optimal designs and best practices. You will maintain the Database and ensure platform stability along with evaluating and improving data performance. If you're interested in an opportunity to continuously learn and apply new technologies to real-life, impactful scenarios, we want to hear from you.
The Principal Engineer I position for the Emerging Technology and Innovation team will exhibit enthusiasm, creativity, confidence, and curiosity while prototyping solutions on various network related projects. The candidate will have 6+ years of experience working with a broad range of technologies including designing, developing and deploying large scale Support Systems for an ISP along with a solid understand of IP Networking. This role will require experience working with large data-sets in various formats along with writing applications/scripts using Python & C. This role also requires a high degree of creativity and the ability to work independently to innovate in emerging technology areas.
WHAT OUR PRINCIPAL ENGINEERS ENJOY MOST
- Creating and undertaking network automation, and maintaining CBO's automation platforms and associated systems.
- Designing, implementing, monitoring, enhancing and troubleshooting systems in assigned areas.
- Analyzing and revising existing system logic difficulties and documentation.
- Providing engineering technical support and guidance to regional personnel and ensuring all technical integration, changes, standards and documentation requirements are met.
- Mentoring and guiding the work of junior and senior technical staff.
Days are fast-paced and a learning mindset is essential on the Service Design team. As you troubleshoot network issues alongside a collaborative team of engineers, you'll get to know all the various platforms Spectrum is responsible for. Our engineers leverage some of the latest technology such as optical, routers, and switches to overcome technical challenges. If you're inquisitive, receptive to training, and enjoy problem solving alongside others, you'll thrive with us.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO SPECTRUM
- Experience: Six (6) years of SQL and Database work experience. Five (5) years of Network Automation Engineering work experience, and/or Software Engineering work experience. Five (5) years of Shell Script, Python, Perl.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering, Software Engineering or related field or related work experience.
- Technical skills: Knowledge of related industry standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols. Knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology, as well as advanced knowledge in TCP/IP, the OSI Model, linux command-line operations, sql database design and git for software distribution. Is able to interact with network technologies through software using SNMP, CLI and/or Netconf.
- Skills: Effectively identify opportunities for improvement and influence change of standard operating procedures through professional and effective communication with senior technical staff and leadership.
- Abilities: Can use ticketing and software tools to support the current operations, as well as knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio. Can understand, implement and adhere to advanced technical documentation illustrating standard configuration and procedural techniques. Can also effectively communicate advanced technical concepts to individuals and teams with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Advanced knowledge of network automation platforms and techniques, as well as concurrent, parallel and asynchronous programming design and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of postgresql design and operation, restful api design, operation and interaction.
- Advanced knowledge and experience working in a multi-vendor network environment including IOS-XR, IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS, Junos, ASA, and SROS/TiMOS.
- Working knowledge of PEP8 programming practices.
- Ability to read, understand and effectively convey RFC and IEEE standards and concepts.
- Industry and vendor specific certifications or training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering, Software Engineering or related work experience.
SPECTRUM CONNECTS YOU TO MORE
- Dynamic Growth: The growth of our industry and evolving technology powers our employees' careers as they move up or around the company
- Learning Culture: With a dedicated focus on training and development, employees can have confidence that day one is truly just the beginning of a dynamic career
- Innovation: We move businesses forward by delivering high-speed data and fiber technology solutions that power today's evolving network demands
- Supportive Teams: Be part of a strong community that gives you opportunities to network and grow and wants to see you succeed
- Total Rewards:
Apply now, connect a friend to this opportunity or !
EGN601 2023-14571 2023
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
A qualified applicant's criminal history, if any, will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.
The pay for this position has a salary range of
$110,800.00 to $196,400.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.
Get to Know Us Charter Communications is known in the United States by our Spectrum brands, including: Spectrum Internet®, TV, Mobile and Voice, Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach. When you join us, you're joining a strong community of more than 101,000 individuals working together to serve more than 32 million customers in 41 states and keep them connected to what matters most.
Who You Are Matters Here We're committed to growing a workforce that reflects our communities, and providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement. EOE, including disability/vets.