Email Marketing Developer at HomeAdvisor
At HomeAdvisor, we create digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
What you’ll do:
As an Email Marketing Developer, you will be responsible for creating HTML from scratch, developing dynamic content for 1:1 messaging, segmenting audiences and launching complex tests inside our email service provider. Additional responsibilities include:
- Perform end-to-end execution of email communications, building and coding email campaigns, database selection, scheduling, testing and deployment of one-time, recurring, triggered and dynamic content-driven campaigns through ESP platform, Responsys.
- Convert PSD files into clean HTML/CSS for email marketing
- Build HTML from scratch using responsive design
- Ensure emails display properly across various email clients, desktop and mobile
- Edit existing HTML/emails, including resizing and changing out photos, copy, links and tracking parameters
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation, email opt-outs and other aspects of email execution, as required.
- Work with other business departments including, copywriters, designers, database developers and business development.
- Hands-on use of our email service provider platform, Oracle (Responsys) Marketing Cloud. Within the platform, you will be manipulating HTML, segmenting audiences, setting up A/B tests, and serving as a final quality assurance check before campaigns are launched.
- Launch new A/B tests, analyze results, and identify actionable opportunities and best practices to improve campaign performance.
Who you are:
- BS/BA or equivalent required
- 2+ years of experience in email marketing preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency developing responsive emails using HTML and CSS
- Proven ability to problem-solve and provide solutions for HTML rendering problems
- Hands-on experience with email service providers (Responsys, Salesforce, etc.) preferred
- Design skills are a plus
- Ability to monitor multiple projects simultaneously and overcome obstacles
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, adhere to QA checklists and deliver quality work
- Ability to pivot to high priority tasks quickly when the need arises
- High aptitude for learning new skills and the willingness to tackle new challenges
- Must be a team player!
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $60,000 - $80,000, commensurate with experience an performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!