Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety, increase efficiency, and optimize their workforce. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, and other top-tier investors.
In the Electronics Technician position, you'll be working as part of the hardware department to create safe and reliable autonomous vehicle systems. You’ll collaborate with the hardware engineering team to design, build and test prototype and production-quality products and test equipment.
The Electronics Technician will report to the head of Electronic Systems. This role is mission-critical for helping deliver a safety-critical system for industrial automation.
A successful Electronics Technician candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter capable of figuring out how to perform work with limited up-front guidance, such as building wire harnesses from scratch or populating a new PCB based on schematics. The ideal candidate will embrace our goal to drive zero-emission, self-driving vehicle adoption, and help us realize our potential to define, build, and lead a new, category of robotic automation for the enterprise.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work directly with the hardware engineering team to update existing and create new electronic designs
- Read electronic schematics and work from written or verbal instructions with little or no formally released documentation
- Assemble, bring-up, debug and rework new PCBA designs, including surface mount parts down to 0402 and fine-pitch ICs
- Build prototype and limited-production electronic systems with minimal guidance
- Develop and build hardware test fixtures
- Assemble and test wiring harnesses
- Commission electronic subsystems, including executing commands in Linux
- Support our electronics lab operations, including specifying new tools and parts
- Test and debug failed units, generate failure reports, and perform or oversee repairs
- Familiarity with electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, DMMs, signal generators, and power supplies
- Experience with fine-pitch soldering and PCBA rework
- Experience building and troubleshooting electronic systems, including cabling and PCBAs
- R&D lab experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and team skills
- Well-developed time management skills and ability to quickly make informed decisions
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- Obvious curiosity about and interest in autonomous vehicle technology
- Unwavering focus on safety and helping to explore and implement system improvements
- Contagious energy and enthusiasm
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%)
- Sterling references
- Schematic capture experience
- Mechanical CAD experience (especially Solidworks)
- Experience with autonomous vehicle systems, complex electronic systems, and fieldwork
- Proficiency with Linux command line
- Test software development background (Python preferred)
Read Full Job Description