Electrical Test Systems Engineer I at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineer I – Test Systems
Join Ball Aerospace as an Electrical Test Systems Engineer for our Electrical Solutions business unit! In this role, you will help to define and implement test and verification methodology at the board and box level.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead board/box/subsystem level electronics trouble shooting, resolution of hardware anomalies root cause and corrective action.
- Design and implement test fixtures including test plans and procedures.
- Author test plans and write, review, update, and implement test procedures for the purpose of prototype, qualification, and acceptance testing of electronic board and box level assemblies.
- Maintain required test engineering logs, records and author test summary reports.
- Provide technical oversight and support to technicians and engineers.
- Coordinate and work with teams of technicians and engineers of multiple disciplines.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Foundational knowledge of electronics board design, implementation, and test to be able to respond to anomalies found during test by analyzing the circuit design and requirements, to understand the intent and recommend corrective actions more rapidly within process guidelines.
- Experience in key electrical systems design for circuit designs such as microprocessors, FPGAs, command and telemetry designs such as MIL-STD-1553, LVDS, VME, cPCI, low noise analog, 1394 "firewire", and custom designs are highly preferred.
- Strong circuit design, test, troubleshooting, and anomaly resolution skills of electronic circuits.
- Experience with design and implementation of high-speed digital electronics, Analog circuitry, FPGAs, and embedded processor systems.
- Familiarity with signal and power integrity analysis of digital/FPGA designs.
- Experience with design, analysis, and layout of PCBs with high-speed digital line rates of 1+Gb/s is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of PCIe, Ethernet, DSP, 1553, VPX, Infiniband is preferred.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in the complete life cycle of electronics development: requirements definition, architectural design, detailed design and analysis, manufacturing, test, integration, and post-delivery support.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $84,000 - $104,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.