Electrical Test Engineer
Blue Canyon Technologies is a leading provider of turnkey small satellite solutions, including nanosatellites, microsatellites, and ESPA-class. We specialize in precision pointing platforms based upon our high-performance attitude determination and control components. BCT’s highly experienced staff has developed low-cost, flight-proven, high-performance, high-reliability spacecraft systems and components that enable a wide range of missions for academic, commercial, and government applications. Our state-of-the-art spacecraft and subsystems are supporting LEO, GEO, Lunar, and interplanetary missions.
Blue Canyon Technologies is looking for an Electrical Test Engineer with expertise in electrical system-level test and troubleshooting. This engineer would be working in a team environment, sometimes with remote team members, engaging in test and support of flight spacecraft electronics. Development work will span test procedure development, writing automated test scripts, test equipment design, and executing tests using aerospace standard approaches.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Aerospace Engineering or similar.
- 2 years of experience performing board and or subsystem level test of spacecraft electronics.
- Experience with hardware testing using oscilloscopes, multimeters and logic analyzers.
- Experience with writing and executing manual and/or automated test procedures.
- Experience with programming languages such as Matlab, Ruby (COSMOS), and/or Python or similar.
- Ability to work independently with some direction and to be a self-starter.
- Experience with spacecraft level system integration and test
- Experience with electric motor design and test
- Experience with embedded software
- Experience with radiation testing of electrical components (TID, SEE, etc.)
- Knowledge of control systems and orbital mechanics
- Existing or recent TS/SCI
This job operates in a professional office environment, but in a manufacturing company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, reach, and walk. The position requires some light physical effort. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job which includes close vision, distance vision, color
Blue Canyon Technologies is a drug-free workplace, Equal Opportunity Employer Affirmative Action Employer to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Please submit a resume plus cover letter.
Please provide salary history and expectations