Electrical Engineer Associate - EEE Components at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineer Associate - EEE Components
In this exciting early career position at Ball Aerospace within the Electrical Solutions Business Unit, you will support companywide the Off-the-Shelf (OTS) parts for Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical (EEE) components and become the (OTS) parts expert and owner for Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical (EEE) components.
What You'll Do:
- Identify and maintain OTS part libraries and part search queries in Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Product Data Management (PDM) systems.
- Work with Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) and Operational Engineering & Planning (OE&P) to identify and maintain the best fit parts contained in Ballstock and Ball Parts Selection List (BPSL) libraries.
- Advocate, ensure and report on use of Ballstock and BPSL in designs.
- Validate need for a "new part" before Part Master Request (PMR) handoff to ISC.
- Work with Design Engineers to expose selected parts to Manufacturing Bill of Materials (mBOM) and procurement process as early as possible in the Design phase.
- Reduce Fit, Form, Function (FFF) duplicates & unused part creations by 25% (25% reduction = 10 less parts created per day).
- Report on monthly metrics associated with EEE components:
- Count of PMRs created and completed by category (Ballstock, BPSL, other standard, and non-standard)
- Percentage of parts released for demand by category (Ballstock, BPSL, other standard, and non-standard)
- Strike a balance between large enough OTS parts library for design needs and small enough for procurement, processing and installation efficiency.
- Work with tool and process owners to improve efficiency and scalability of parts selection through part Material Requirements Planning (MRP) demand establishment process.
- Support OTS parts anomaly resolution and corrective action, incorporate corrective actions into parts library, as required.
- Work closely with and be the focal point between Design Engineering and all support organizations for OTS parts (Materials & Processing Engineering, Part Engineering, ISC, inspection and assembly).
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Demonstrated performance of self-motivation and willingness to volunteer assistance when it has not been explicitly requested.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply sound leadership and management principles to an organization of high performing engineers who are developing electronics throughout the full lifecycle from proposal through delivery.
- Experience with Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical (EEE) components is highly preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $69,500 - $86,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.