E-Learning Instructional Designer/Developer
When joining Elevations, you can expect to work for a company that:
- Provides amazing experiences and creates raving fans.
- Strives to provide solutions for a better life and promises employees it will be the best place they have ever worked.
- Wins awards such as “Best Bank”, “Best Companies to Work for in Colorado” and even the “Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award”, the only Presidential award for quality.
- Has a highly-engaged workforce and emphasizes career growth, empowerment and servant leadership.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay, incentive programs, 401k matching, mortgage and auto discounts
- 4 weeks min. paid time off, work anniversary paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and 16hrs paid volunteer time off
- Medical, dental, and vision health plans with FSA or HSA options
- Onsite fitness center, yoga classes, wellness committee events (hiking, softball, soccer,.. to name a few!), health fairs with biometrics screening and flu shots
- Onsite cafe
- Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services
- Career development, trainings, career coaching, job shadowing, mentoring program, tuition reimbursement up to $5,000/year, and a recognition system
- Culture of excellence and continuous improvement
- We strive to be the best place you’ve ever worked!
The e-Learning Instructional Designer/Developer is an Instructional Designer with a strong learning technology and multimedia skillset. We’re looking for an innovative individual who can design and build memorable, engaging learning experiences for our users. This could include e-Learning, videos, animated modules, simulations, interactive tutorials, and other learning assets. This person must be motivated by innovation and creativity and is an expert is communicating learning concepts visually.
Essential Functions include:
- Researches and organizes information to compile instructional material (eLearning courses, video tutorials, instructor guides, reference material, audio and video scripts, storyboards, and assessment questions) utilizing appropriate learning and development methodologies and/or instructional design tools for curriculum and course development.
- Work closely with stakeholders to identify instructional goals and objectives and offer analysis, design, and development options for achieving best outcomes with the intended subject matter. When appropriate, draft storyboards and prototypes with the stakeholder for new online learning activities.
- Collaborate on the adoption of appropriate instructional technologies that can help advance training. Stay up-to-date on new delivery strategies and training options and include facets of social and peer learning, game-based learning, informal learning, etc. as needed
- Apply best practices in adult learning to design, write, and build a range of high-quality learning experiences, with an emphasis on e-learning, video, animations, games, etc.
- Exercise superior project management and workflow coordination skills. Should be able to partner with senior business stakeholders to keep project timelines in check.
- Should be strong at defining learning objectives, scenarios, building simulations, audio scripts, progress checks, performance evaluations and knowledge assessments.
- Utilizes ADDIE, SAM, Kirkpatrick and other recognized models to design, develop and publish engaging course content, learning activities and knowledge assessments for ILT, online, virtual and blended modalities.
- Maintain currency in current learning content, sciences and instructional design principles for effective support of delivery at all times.
- Ability to design assessments to support defined learning objectives and creates metrics to evaluate effectiveness of training courses.
- Collaborate with the LMS team to upload, test and maintain content within a Learning Management System.
- Ability to handle a multi-project workload, which may shift with prioritization.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or knowledge consistent with a degree in Instructional Design, Adult Education or related field (i.e. CPLP, or E-Learning Certificate)
- 3+ years of experience designing web-based training or e-learning. Must be prepared to recent work examples, and/or have a portfolio of previous body of work.
- Experience with eLearning content authoring tools (e.g. Adobe Captivate)
- Knowledge of ADDIE and SAM.
- Knowledge/Experience with learning management systems
- Above-average proficiency with MS Office Suite of Products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.)
- Proven planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple and diverse projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability and consistent, logical and effective decision-making
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of financial operations or experience in a financial institution preferred
This job operates in an office setting and routinely uses standard office equipment
Sitting frequently, walking occasionally, use of hands frequently, hearing constantly, talking frequently, exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time / 40 hours per week
Elevations Support Center
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Us: Elevations Credit Union is a member-owned not-for-profit financial institution serving Colorado’s Front Range. Founded in 1953, we’ve grown from 12 members and less than $100 in assets to an institution with 13 branches and more than 120,000 members that manages over $2 billion in assets and is the No. 1 credit union mortgage lender in Colorado. At Elevations, we’ve made a commitment to move away from a product-centered business model and focus instead on creating consumer solutions. Our objective is to provide our members, as well as the entire community, with unbiased consumer information.
EEO Statement: Elevations Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining qualification for employment with Elevations Credit Union. If the position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any information received in such a report will not be the sole factor in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential job duties. Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual's credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act.