Ibotta is looking for a Distinguished Engineer focused on quality and test automation to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers.
- Achieve results through people and across an organization, forming relationships, collaborating with and influencing cross-functional teams.
- Ability to drive and support automation test strategy implementation.
- Inspire others and lead by example and multiply the effectiveness of others through mentoring, teaching, technical guidance and thoughtful and inclusive decision making.
- Take initiative to identify and solve important problems, coordinating with others on cross-cutting technical solution.
- Research and implement technology solutions for reliable, scalable, high-performing services.
- Anticipate broad technical change and ensure Ibotta is ahead of the curve.
What we are looking for:
- Core Competencies: Courage and Global Perspective.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience and at least 10+ years of experience in software development.
- Deep understanding of development best practices including security, performance, optimization, reliability, etc.
- Track record of elevating the engineering team, improving the culture, and leveling up technical skills of others and technical solutions.
- Excellent experience with defining, growing, and optimizing, integrated, end to end systems and testing methodologies.
- Experience helping development teams incorporate and automate testing (e.g., functional and integration) best practices into their SDLC.
- Strong experience with test data management practices.
- Experience identifying, selecting, and justifying testing tool purchases.
- Understanding of microservice and event-driven architectures, and Big Data technologies (e.g., Kinesis, Spark, Cassandra) and Cloud platforms (i.e., AWS).
- You enjoy working closely with development and infrastructure teams on deployment, monitoring, and management concerns.
- Take ownership to drive positive outcomes!
- Able to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Act as a strong advocate for quality in the product development process for software engineering.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Capable of crafting "Built-In Quality" practices ensure that each Solution element, at every increment, meets appropriate quality standards throughout development by empowering development teams.
- Experience supporting Continuous Delivery Pipelines, including Continuous Integration and Release on Demand by implementing solutions for security, performance, integration, environment, functional, and other tests.
Here are some of the traits that we seek in great engineers:
- love to teach and learn from your co-workers
- look for ways to continually challenge yourself and develop as an engineer
- embrace the DevOps culture and accept ownership of the whole development and delivery lifecycle
- value the up-front investment of thoroughly testing your code
- appreciate delivering products incrementally to provide value to the business as early as possible
- understand that communication is a huge part of your software engineering responsibility and practice it daily
- respect diverse perspectives and enjoy collaborating with other engineers to solve hard problems
- trust your teammates, and embrace healthy conflict and debate; you are not afraid to voice your opinions but you are okay with not always being right
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
- Base compensation range: $175,000 - $185,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- If living in the United States, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.