Dispatch Engineer - Test Engineering at Outrider
Azevtec (Autonomous, Zero-Emission Vehicle Technologies) is automating 'first-mile' trucking. We simplify how large enterprises ship goods—our robotic systems automate repetitive vehicle movement and manual tasks in the world’s busiest freight-shipping hubs to enhance operational performance, reduce costs, and improve safety.
Azevtec is a rapidly growing, Series-A company founded to drive the adoption of sustainable transportation and deploy autonomous vehicles responsibly.
This is an opening for the night shift of our testing operations! Start time will be somewhere between 6-10 pm and end time will be somewhere between 2-6 am every day.
The Dispatch Engineer will report to the Director of Test Engineering and will be responsible for tasking the Autonomous Vehicle (AV), data collection and reporting, and interacting with all groups within engineering, as needed. This role will be responsible for communicating and assisting with the resolution of hardware, software, and operational issues.
A successful Dispatch Engineer executes the daily tasking of the autonomous vehicle system in a manner that supports test engineering operations and key performance indicators (KPIs) for the systems engineering and product development functions more broadly. This role will interact with operations, engineering, and product management as needed, in order to communicate and support testing needs. The Dispatch Engineer will be, at times, the first line of defense to troubleshoot system issues and work in conjunction with software developers as well as other remote engineers. Additionally, the Dispatch Engineer will perform the supporting data collection and testing activities for engineering to implement improved system performance.
Candidates for this role must have a strong technical background and the ability to effectively communicate with the software and engineering teams when troubleshooting. Critical thinking and the ability to communicate effectively with customers are a must.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work the night shift at Azevtec's dedicated test site in Golden, CO (hours TBD, but start approximately between 6-10 pm and finish by 2-6 am 5-6 days per week)
- Use the Azevtec Mission Control and other UIs to task the autonomous vehicle system to support test cases, software and systems engineering projects, customer operations and to meet other objectives/KPIs as needed
- Understand and support the System Integration and Test engineering team's as well as customers' operational requirements
- Execute test plans and procedures, as well as document and report results to internal stakeholders
- Pinpoint issues with the UI, workflow, and autonomous vehicle observed during operations and log pertinent system data and details
- Coordinate with engineering teams to determine next steps for issue resolution and execute as needed to quickly resume test operations
- Help maintain smooth and reliable operation of the Azevtec test facility during working hours, performing tasks necessary to enable system operation
- Commit to travel and perform fieldwork, depending on customer locations (up to 25%)
- BS or a MS with relevant industry or technical experience
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience in transportation, aerospace, industrial automation, material handling automation, or autonomous industry
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Clear understanding of the diagnostic process based on experience in the test, quality, or reliability fields
- Ability to communicate and assist with troubleshooting complex system issues quickly and correctly while on customer sites
- Comfort and willingness to turn a wrench (or whatever other tool might be required at given times)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and team skills
- Comfort with Linux and command line tools for basic system debugging
- Self-driven with demonstrated strong leadership and people skills
- Very good time management skills and ability to quickly make informed decisions
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Sterling references
- Experience with autonomous vehicle systems, complex electronic systems, and field work
- Experience with customer interactions
- Interest in data analysis
- Knowledge of and experience with integrated hardware/firmware/software systems