Director of Software Engineering at Mersive
Mersive is a rapidly growing software company in downtown Denver that offers an award-winning wireless collaboration product suite that is transforming how organizations work and learn. We are seeking a candidate to fulfill the Director of Software Engineering role on our fast-paced team. We’re looking for a qualified Engineering leader with demonstrated experience taking a holistic, strategic approach to high-volume development teams.
Who we are:
Headquartered in Denver, Mersive Technologies is well-known as a market disruptor in the collaboration software space. This combination of innovation, rapid growth, and profitability makes us a unique technology company. Our wireless collaboration products make the world’s meetings better by providing a more productive and engaging experience. Among our customers are over 30 Fortune 100 companies and hundreds of top universities globally that use Mersive Solstice to make their workplace and classrooms meaningful, connected, and more enjoyable for everyone. Since launching Solstice in 2014 it has been deployed in hundreds of thousands of meeting spaces through our worldwide sales and integrator partner network.
But who are we? We are a diverse team of over 150 dedicated people who genuinely care about our work, customers and each other. We promote a culture of innovation, trust and accountability. We value transparency, intellectual honesty, hard work and community. Mersive is growing quickly, and we are looking for folks who like a challenge and aren’t afraid to break new ground in either technology or business models.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Define and drive strategic direction of our tech road map across multiple teams
- Communicate clearly and passionately about technology solutions with business stakeholders and product/technology partners
- Manage, coach, and inspire teams of technical contributors
- Mentor developers in their engineering practices & guide their career development
- Lead people focused initiatives and be a positive, humble leader of teams
- Work with teams daily delivering solutions as a hands-on technical engineering manager
- Adapt to taking on roles filling gaps from technical lead to engineering product owner
- Build and run high performing teams that consistently execute objectives delivering sustainable results
- Collaborate with Product and Project management teams to successfully deliver product
- Engage with Quality to build the right development mindset and practices to support testing
- Think proactively to avoid risk and help teams navigate development and architecture risk
- Improve team productivity without adding more stress and overhead
- Experience building software teams that can execute sustainably.
- Experience managing diverse teams including small and multi teams effectively.
- Strong skills and experience developing individuals for the next level.
- Skilled in development as you once were a developer but find working through people more of a strength.
- Deeply technical with a desire to learn about products including existing and future technologies.
- Knowledge of software development best practices and how to drive them.
- Ability to adapt to unknowns or ambiguities with a desire to clarify them.
- Capability to go deep into software architecture, but you allow others to lead and drive it.
- Ability to work with diverse technology stacks including Java, Rust, SaaS and usual web stack.
- 8+ years managing teams of engineers
- 10+ years developing software for technology companies
- Experience developing software for meeting collaboration or video conferencing. companies, or developing video streaming, networking, or graphics software.
- HW and OS experience building integrated complex systems.
- Experience with networking in complex enterprises.
- Large product scale systems management and deployments.
- Built teams from ground up from zero to medium scale.
- Have fast paced startup SW development experience.
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture of collaboration, integrity, authenticity and innovation.
- High growth and endless opportunity
- Competitive targeted compensation range between $140k - $200k, inclusive of salary and bonus.