Mersive is a rapidly growing software company in downtown Denver that offers an award-winning wireless collaboration product suite that is transforming how organizations work and learn. We are seeking a candidate to fulfill the Director of Software Engineering role on our fast-paced team. We’re looking for a qualified leader with demonstrated experience taking a holistic, strategic approach to high-volume development teams.
Who we are:
Headquartered in Denver, Mersive Technologies is well-known as a market disruptor in the collaboration software space that has had 3 straight years of profitable operations and double-digit sales growth. This combination of innovation, rapid growth, and profitability make us a unique technology company. Our wireless collaboration products make the world’s meetings better by a more productive and engaging experience. Among our customers are over 30 Fortune 100 companies and Ivy League universities who use Mersive Solstice to make their workplace meaningful, connected and more enjoyable for everyone. Since launching Solstice in 2014 it has been deployed in over 100,000 meeting spaces through our worldwide sales and integrator partner network.
But who are we? We are a diverse team of over 150 dedicated people who genuinely care about our work, customers and each other. We promote a culture of innovation, trust and accountability. We value transparency, intellectual honesty, hard work and community. Mersive is growing quickly, and we are looking for folks who like a challenge and aren’t afraid to break new ground in either technology or business models.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Consistently deliver complex software products working with multi-teams against challenging timelines.
- Positive humble leader of teams and initiatives that focused on people.
- Technical engineering manager, working day-to-day with teams delivering right solutions.
- Adaptability to take on roles filling gaps from technical lead to engineering product owner.
- Manage multi-teams that span complex product portfolio and initiatives.
- Build and run high performing teams that consistently execute objectives delivering sustainable results.
- Collaborate with product and project management teams successfully to deliver complex product.
- Engage with Quality to build the right development mindset and practices to support test.
- Proactive thinking to avoid risk and help teams navigate development and architecture pitfalls.
- Successful communication and engagement, in particular, at the C-level advocating on items that C-level may not agree with.
- Constantly looking for new ways to improve team productivity without adding more stress and overhead.
- Have built software teams that can execute sustainably.
- Deeply technical and desire to dig and learn about product, existing, and future technologies.
- Have managed diverse teams small to multi-teams effectively.
- Have great skills in developing individuals to the next level.
- Have development chops that are great as you once were a developer but find working through people more of a strength.
- Have strong knowledge of software development best practices and how to drive them.
- Ability to adapt to Unknowns or ambiguities and get a kick out of clarifying them.
- Can go deep into software architecture, but you allow others to lead and drive it.
- Ability to work with diverse technology stacks including C++, Java, Rust, SaaS and usual web stack.
- 8+ years managing teams of engineers
- 10+ years developing software for technology companies
- Experience developing software for meeting collaboration or video conferencing. companies, or developing video streaming, networking, or graphics software.
- HW and OS experience building integrated complex systems.
- Experience with networking in complex enterprises.
- Large product scale systems management and deployments.
- Built teams from ground up from zero to medium scale.
- Have fast paced startup SW development experience.
- Competitive compensation and benefits program
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture of collaboration, integrity, authenticity and innovation.
- High growth and endless opportunity