Director, Software Engineering at Alteryx, Inc.
Our ideal candidate is a proven technology leader with a history of building high performing development teams. You will be responsible for leading the development of our Smart/Predictive tool set through a set of teams and senior individual contributors. The successful candidate will demonstrate the Alteryx core values of customer emphasis, innovation, compassion, accountability and character.
- Leads several teams and senior individual contributors to deliver amazing outcomes in the areas of Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Collaborates across development and in cross-functional teams to ensure successful project execution and great product releases across the entire Alteryx platform
- Creates a great work environment by providing exemplary leadership and by mentoring our development managers, team leads, and emerging leaders
- Works with fellow leadership to identify opportunities for efficiency improvements and to optimize our software delivery processes
- Ensures progress on technical debt and cross-cutting initiatives
- Hires, inspires, and leads multiple high-performing teams
- Works with product management to define high-level product features and initiatives, evaluates them for feasibility and estimates effort required
- Strong desire to lead; servant leader with passion for developing people and teams
- Experience building products to support predictive analytics, machine learning and/or artificial intelligence pipelines.
- At least 15 years of experience in software development with at least 5 years of experience managing one or more software development teams; strongly prefer multi-location delivery experience
- Demonstrable experience and interest in architecting software products/solutions specifically web-technologies based (React, Node); deep familiarity with modern design principles and patterns
- Deep understanding and commitment to software engineering principles/processes (e.g. Agile,, DevOps, TDD, XP) and continuous improvement through measurement
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, and attention to detail
- Proven success in improving software reliability and release predictability
- Experience with R and Python machine learning packages such as Scikit-Learn
- Experience with development and deployment of desktop, server, and web applications
- Experience with Analytics and Big Data