Director of Software Engineering at Prove (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Prove is the modern platform for continuous identity authentication and is used by over 1,000 enterprises and 500 financial institutions including 9 of the top 10 U.S. banks. Prove’s cloud solutions and mobile intelligence -driven APIs can be easily orchestrated to increase Approve Rates to over 90%, enabling companies to authenticate customer identities accurately, effortlessly, and privately, while mitigating fraud. Prove’s solutions are available in 195 countries. For the latest updates from Prove, follow us on LinkedIn.
As we continue to scale our company, we are looking for people who know how to make an impact. We’re talking self-starting professionals who thrive in a fast-paced environment, process information quickly and make intelligent decisions. The work is challenging and requires not only smarts, but natural curiosity and tenacity. Teamwork is also important to us – we work together and play together.
Prove has big plans; we’re excited and optimistic about the future. If this sounds like a career for you – come check us out.
We are looking for a seasoned engineering leader to lead Prove’s data platform team (PIN). This is a team of software engineers and data specialists that are developing Prove’s next generation platform. This platform will provide all the core data and signals that feed Prove’s high-growth products. This is a critical role that will help bring this ambitious platform to reality. This person will be involved in all aspects of this platform from requirements refinement to design to operational efficiency.
This person will also be a critical member of the core technology leadership team and will be involved in initiatives that affect Prove’s entire technical organization.
What You Are Accountable For
- Lead and grow a high-performing team of software engineers responsible for building Prove’s next generation data platform that services all parts of Prove’s SaaS product suite
- Manage both the day-to-day aspects and the careers of a team of talented engineers. Establish and maintain a positive culture within the team that makes your team a place that attracts the best and the brightest.
- Take end-to-end ownership of product deliverables and customer escalations, working with your team and other groups in the company as necessary. Take ownership of the development process for new product features that support operational excellence.
- Drive important technical decisions and help understand and mitigate risks as needed.
- Continuously drive innovation of the products and the healthy evolution of a growing engineering organization.
- Be a key decision-maker in the group to help ship the best possible product to customers.
- Contribute to the larger engineering organization, taking the initiative to fix things that you think are broken.
Ideal candidates will have…
- Spent 10 or more years in the trenches of the software industry, delivering quality software that customers depend on. You should have many “been there, done that” stories.
- Significant experience working with data in both batch and real-time scenarios. You should have a clear understanding of what challenges arrive when a system has “state”
- A track record of driving development for major software releases and production cloud services.
- Good technical skills and has most likely has been a software developer in the past. You won’t need to write code in this role, but you should be able to hold your own in technical discussions with engineers and be able to make judgment calls on technical decisions.
- The ability to attract and retain top talent in a competitive recruiting environment. The best engineers should want to work for you!
- A positive can-do attitude and bring a passion for excellence to the workplace.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills. You should know how to Get Stuff Done with other groups in the company.
- Knowledge and experience in the authentication, mobile, or identity space as a bonus.
- Knowledge and experience in data engineering, ETL or a variety of data stores as a bonus
Prove is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.