Director - Senior Solution Architect at FIS
About the team:
The role will serve as a Director - Senior Solution Architect for the Automate Next Program. This program is intended to identify and implement automation opportunities in omni channel contact center, business back office automation and client implementations.
What you will be doing:
Develop and partner with a cross functional technology organization to develop architecture engineering design details for key initiatives. You will need deep expertise in one of the 3 focus areas - Omni channel contact centers, Back office automation and systems integration, Financial services product implementation and migration automation. Own the software product and engineering platform build of new service offerings and ensure successful delivery and go live which brings great value to internal and external customers. The role will drive the maturity, development and tomorrows thinking into process modernization. As an integral part of the Automate Next team, this role will work to identify and qualify automation opportunities, identify key technical objections, develop solutions to resolve technical blockers and drive customer centric outcomes such as reduction in average call handling times, first call resolution time, total resolution time, agent productivity etc. Owning the technical architecture of the Automate Next initiatives, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, coordination of additional technical resources, and obtaining requirements and translates these into a Solution Design for implementation and savings. Leading prioritization technical requirements and champions resolution of solution / product gaps internally.
- Track record of designing and implementing complex digital transformations which lead to increased customer satisfaction and engagement. Experience in enabling technologies such as robotic process automation, business process management, workflow automation, voice biometrics, workforce productivity suites etc.
- Embed agile ways of working, promoting the benefits of fast iterative pilots to an audience who have various levels of appetite for this approach.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders, peers, and the broader technology team, influence their ways of working in a matrix model, promoting the benefits of new approaches.
- Communicate and promote a vision to a diverse range of people, both technical and non-technical, and at a variety of levels.
- Drive and shape ideas in a changing, sometimes ambiguous environments and remain resilient in the face of adversity.
- Act in a tactical capacity and be willing to get one's 'hands dirty' whenever necessary.
- Conceptual and strategic thinker who can work at an executive level to define strategy, influence and lead change.
- Ability and credibility to lead and guide both in house and third-party teams.
- Knowledge in implementing API/Microservices architectures.
- Practical "hands on" experience in platform re-engineering / decomposition.
- Working with the global technology team to analyze IT infrastructure for potential opportunities to demonstrate solution's unique capabilities.
- Developing individual skill sets and expanding product knowledge to maximize value and to deliver quality services to our clients.
- Attaining designated certification requirements and attending product-specific training, reviewing technical literature, and obtaining hands-on experience.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or four or more years of work experience.
- Ten or more years of relevant work experience with specialized focus in one of these areas - Omni channel contact centers, Back office automation and systems integration, Financial services product implementation and migration automation.
- Ten or more years of experience as an automation architect in a large call center or back office environment.
Even Better If You Have:
- Experience in architecting solutions based on specific platforms & capabilities based on our call center footprint - Salesforce Service Cloud, ServiceNow, CTI/Telephony, Voice Biometrics, AI enabled Chat etc.
- Experience in architecting solutions based on specific platforms & capabilities based on business back office footprint- RPA tools, Decisions.com low code platfom, MS power apps, Portal solutions with responsive UI, Data and AI solutions for back office
- Experience in architecting solutions to accelerate configuration and migration of large core banking solutions for a financial services organization, coupled with automation/AI methods to improve speed to value
- Experience architecting IT infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the SDN / IT infrastructure space.
- Technical knowledge of datacenter network architecture, SDN, and large-scale private cloud networks. • Multiple security, architecture, and industry certifications such as (CISSP, TOGAFv9, ITIL, Cisco CCNA or CCNP, CCSK, Microsoft, Amazon, etc.).
- Experience in three or more of the following: Data and IP Services (MPLS, SIP, internet, VPN, SDN, NFV, SDWAN); Network Operations (WLAN, LAN, WAN, IP PBX, Automation/Orchestration); Security (DDOS, FW, IDS, WAF, DDI, SIEM, Analytics, Micro-segmentation); Data Center Outsourcing (application management, storage, virtualization, serverless); Call Center Technologies (ACD, IVR, Call Recording, Chat, Cloud Delivery, toll free, Omni-channel); IT Applications Management (SOA, Web Services).
- Knowledge of leading technology network and security vendor portfolios such as Cisco, Viptela, Versa, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Riverbed, and Juniper.
- Experience evaluating prospective IT infrastructure and deliver the appropriate evaluation, ROI, savings, proposed operational evolution and associated process management.
Added bonus if you have:
- Current or prior experience in customer centric solutions such unified service dashboard, customer portal, self service capabilities for call deflection, integrating disparate apps single customer view, unassisted bots for data entry etc. would be beneficial for the success of this role.
- Draw on prior experience in product and software engineering leadership and the management of software products in a complex business. Prior hands-on software engineering delivery experience would be advantageous.
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.