Director Quality Assurance at Guild Education
This may be a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 25 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, SC, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring a Director Quality Assurance to help build, manage, and lead the QA department within our organization. In this role, you will grow Guild’s QA team by hiring, mentoring, and working cross-functionally to build scalable, modern QA processes and systems. This role will work across the entire technology organization to understand and drive quality initiatives.
Additionally, the QA Director provides guidance on understanding business requirements and objectives. They will lead the evaluation and testing of new or modified software to ensure it meets requirements, establishes and maintains high-quality standards/processes, and provides mentoring or guidance to direct reports as well as less experienced peers.
The QA Director will report to the Sr Director Quality.
As Director, Quality Assurance you will:
- Lead a team of distributed QA engineers embedded within our engineering teams.
- Manage multiple managers who are responsible for leading our QA enablement team and embedded Quality Engineers.
- Serve as a QA Subject Matter Expert on best practices, techniques, and QA programs.
- Ensure high standards of quality are met by guiding and shaping team efforts.
- Work with product and engineering leadership to build our strategy for quality assurance.
- Lead by example, guiding QA engineers as they verify and ensure systems are meeting requirements, coaching them to dig into (RCA) defects or troubleshoot issues.
- Drive the administration and usage of our Test Case Management system.
- Provide guidance on the creation of our test environments and systems.
- Guide the engineering teams in how they determine the priorities of their QA/QC efforts.
- Actively support escalated issues from both internal and external customers.
- Help to implement Service Level Agreements and Targets across Guild.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Vast experience in software QA at many companies and a few industries.
- Substantial experience managing teams across multiple companies and industries.
- Substantial experience managing, mentoring and coaching managers in QA.
- Deep understanding of Quality Assurance concepts and methodologies.
- Proven ability to implement successful QA programs within fast-growing companies.
- Hands-on experience with API, functional, compatibility, acceptance/smoke testing, ad-hoc/exploratory, database, regression, staging, installation, and multi-platform testing.
- Extensive experience using issue tracking systems and test case management tools.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to solve complex problems in the face of time pressure and information/resource constraints.
- Ability to manage changing business needs; excellent time management skills required.
- Superb verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
Helpful for Success:
- Working knowledge of Amazon Cloud Architecture and its services.
- Testing experience in security, mobile products, and cloud-based applications.
- Experience building QA practices for platform companies that use APIs/Microservices.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $150,000 - $170,000, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth