As a Director, Infrastructure Engineering on Healthgrades' team, you will lead the team responsible for Core Infrastructure, Call Center infrastructure, On-Premise hosting infrastructure, Cloud Data Protection & Data Services, and Operations. The role requires leadership, project delivery, technical operations, and broad and deep infrastructure engineering knowledge. The environment includes Cisco Networking, Unified Call Management, UCCX call center platform, Windows & Linux OS, VMWare, SAN/NAS, Intel servers, Windows Domain Controllers, SCCM, AWS, Azure, and enterprise monitoring and logging.
You will join a cohesive team with experienced team leads and senior engineers which requires leadership, mentorship, engineering, delivery, and operational abilities.
The role is strategic and highly visible across company departments and senior leadership. Team execution has direct impact on company operations, product platforms, and overall business success.
What you will do:
- Leadership: Lead multiple teams delivering and operating hybrid infrastructure solutions and mentor senior engineers while continuously improving team skills and execution.
- Engineering: Drive roadmap and technical solutions across the technical stack and apply skills and experience to ensure implementations are highly reliable, stable, performant, secure, and automated.
- Delivery: Lead quarterly objectives, project planning, tracking, issues management, and implementations while partnering with team leads, engineers, technical project manager, security, and end user services.
- Operations: Lead incident and change management, enterprise monitoring & logging, maintenance, and lifecycle management to sustain infrastructure.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, System Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ experience managing medium size platform hosting, corporate infrastructure, and networking infrastructure engineering team
- Multi-functional experience with networking, on-premise hosting infrastructure, data center management, vendor management, end user services, security, cloud hosting, and technical operations
- Experience with cloud hosted databases and data protection
- Enterprise experience with the ability to execute within a digital growth company
- Specific experience in Cisco Networks & Call Management, VMWare, Windows & Linux OS, SAN/NAS, Configuration Automation, AWS, Azure, MS-SQL Server, and Enterprise Monitoring & Logging
- Experience leading Incident and Change Management
- Proven track record leading a team of highly experienced engineers with examples of improving team member and overall team performance satisfaction
- Ability to partner with engineering and business teams, including senior leadership, and communicate in business terms needed to gain understanding and support
- Project delivery experience running migrations, major upgrades, re-engineering, and greenfield implementations
- Exposure to HITRUST, HIPAA, PCI or other compliance approaches
- Experience optimizing legacy infrastructure in order to meet rigorous SLA
- Experience forecasting and managing infrastructure budget
- Experience with roadmapping and quarterly objective management
- Experience managing infrastructure vendors for implementations, support, and financials
- Working knowledge of Site Reliability Engineering approach
- Enjoy working collaboratively, solving problems, and being agile
- Ability to participate in on call rotation - mostly escalated
- Willingness to travel occasionally
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and high-energy work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Meaningful Work – empowering consumers with data to make the right decisions for themselves and their families
- Changing the Game - evolving, dynamic culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders- participating in local charity organizations and wellness initiatives
- Robust Perks – generous PTO, 401k contributions, tuition assistance, entertainment discounts & more!