Director of Information Security at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We are looking for a Director of Information Security to lead our security teams and be responsible for our business’ information security, risk, and compliance activities. Given the scale and sensitive nature of the information that Checkr processes, security is core to our mission and we are looking to invest heavily in related activities and innovate in the space.
What a typical week to week may look like at Checkr
- Lead a security organization that balances the need for high quality security services with high velocity
- Keep the company, customers and consumers data safe
- Drive vulnerability management program across product and infrastructure
- Drive security awareness and presence within the community
- Engage with external parties to showcase the company’s security posture
- Engaging with the broader company to ensure alignment on policy, procedures, and objectives
- Provide guidance to Product and Engineering team to ensure risk is taken into account for all product development
What we value in an Director of Security
- 12+ years of experience in information security space
- 5+ years experience leading Security teams and desire to grow as a leader, coach & mentor
- Experience driving programs necessary to achieve ISO 27001, SOC 2, GDPR, or equivalent certifications, where appropriate.
- Experience building a thorough vulnerability management program across and product and infrastructure
- Ability to drive process improvements and automation around security policies and procedures
- Ability to directly represent Checkr and our security practices to strategic prospects and customers
- You exhibit passion that elevates and inspires when leading the team including hiring, managing performance and developing skill sets of direct reports
- Outstanding presentation, written, and oral communication skills
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.