Director of Engineering at Angi
At HomeAdvisor, we are revolutionizing the way that every American homeowner improves and maintains their home. We do this by creating digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
As the Director of Software Development, you lead the technical delivery efforts of multiple full-stack teams providing the technology that enables our service providers to be successful. We are looking for someone who will work within our Fixed Price initiatives and build what it means for HomeAdvisor customers to buy a service on-demand. With a focus on delivering a seamless experience for our consumers and providing our service professionals with a steady stream of in-bound leads, we are fundamentally changing the homeservices industry.
What you'll do:
- Lead multiple teams in the design, development, test, deployment and operation of your owned products and services
- Hire smart and motivated engineers and managers to establish teams that can deliver fast and predictably, adjusting in an agile fashion to deliver what our customers need
- Ensure sanity of architecture, operational excellence, and quality while delivering results on time
- Dive into architecture, code, test plans, project plans, deployments, and operations to drive excellence through your organization
- Effectively mentor and develop a team of software development managers, who themselves lead people and technology
- Work with Product Management to deliver the product roadmap on-time, communicating clearly with your team, management and partners
- Own a portion of the technical vision and lead cross-functional teams to deliver upon your area of ownership
- Strive constantly to improve and establish a new bar in performance (using objective metrics) in project execution
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
Who you are:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field or relevant industry experience
- 10-12 years of overall software development experience
- 6-8 years of progressive leadership experience, including HR and managerial responsibilities
- Substantial experience implementing public facing web sites at all layers of the system, preferably in a Java ecosystem
- Experience building, delivering, and maintaining enterprise, large-scale, multi-platform software applications
- Knowledge of data modeling and SQL optimization within an Oracle environment
- Ability to demonstrated success in achieving results through others
- Knowledge of software development and project management processes
- Knowledge of software design patterns and best practices
- Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and decision making
- Ability to communicate well with business stakeholders, resolve competing or contradictory objectives, and to unify disparate ideas into a homogenized solution
- Ability to be versatile and handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations
- Ability to effectively and appropriately interview technical candidates
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from 150k - 220k, commensurate with experience and performance.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!