Healthgrades is focused on providing trusted information that helps consumers and providers make meaningful connections. As a Director, API Engineering you will focus on bringing the next generation of Healthgrades products to life. You'll collaborate with other engineers, designers and product managers to execute on a broad range of projects. This could include building new features to improve the experience of our users or include building greenfield designs. You will be responsible for developing and executing a API & Integration Strategy to ensure quality architecture, software deployments and overall application health and performance. Optimizes relationships between the development, quality assurance and IT operations teams. Promotes communication, integration, and collaboration for enhanced software development productivity. Develops infrastructure to incorporate latest technology best practices and improve operational performance.
We value self starters who are excited and willing to learn new technologies, take accountability for their work and are positive and collaborative.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee all service strategy for Salesforce technical delivery- inclusive of staffing, resource management, people, tools, and process
- Work closely with a team of engineers and product managers to help launch new product features
- Plans, designs, codes and coordinates software development within well-defined milestones.
- Develops and advises on standards, best practices, and reference designs for the implementation of solutions.
- Able to demonstrate strong hands-on ability to code and build the components, reference architectures and coach/show other engineers.
- Negotiates priorities and allocates resources across the team
- Identifies project risks and offers recommendations for addressing issues
- Communicates project plan, status updates, issues, milestones, risks, and deliverables to all stakeholders
- Helps to drive cross-functional technical alignment on the definition, understanding & architecture of technologies and solutions in several key areas, to include cross capability, cross release issues, and issues affecting application integrity
What You Will Bring:
- Strong experience managing a small team, conducting performance reviews, and presenting to C level executives
- 8+ years experience leading engineering, technical support, or technology delivery teams
- 5+ years’ experience working in Backend Engineering environment involving API development, Event Driven Integrations and Data Engineering
- Experience in leading a team of advanced engineers to technical management, release engineering, tools engineering and DevSecOps.
- Proficiency in API security frameworks, token management and user access control including OAuth, JWT, etc.
- Experience or a good understanding and willingness to commit to and practice Continuous improvement in people, process and technology to promote collaboration, agility and speed to deliver using agile, sprint-based working style.
- Experience with implementation of Event driven architecture using Kinesis, Kafka, Spark or such technologies
- Strong technical background that includes Integration, APIs/Microservices, Cloud Native Engineering and Distributed Engineering
- Strong Experience authoring reference architectures and other engineering documentation
- Demonstrate a high level of curiosity and keep up-to-date on the latest technologies
- Excellent skills in mentoring junior engineers with maturity in dealing with conflict and communication both within the team and across the product group and engineering
- Ability to adapt quickly and allocate resources to changing priorities
- You're comfortable communicating about your work with both technical and non-technical team members, including fellow engineers, product managers, designers, and analysts
- Experience in Mulesoft or Apigee would be a plus
- Strong experience in AWS Cloud and related certification
- Experience in data engineering tooling such as Snowflake, Databricks, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with any marketing technologies such as Eloqua, Marketo, Salesforce
- Background in Healthcare
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and high-energy work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Meaningful Work – empowering consumers with data to make the right decisions for themselves and their families
- Changing the Game - evolving, dynamic culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders- participating in local charity organizations and wellness initiatives
- Robust Perks – generous PTO, 401k contributions, tuition assistance, entertainment discounts & more!
Read Full Job Description