Director of Engineering
An Audacious Mission
Today, coordinating business travel is complex because of competing interests, opaque industry practices, convoluted systems, and bad software.
But we believe that travel is a force-multiplier for growth.
Travel connects teams to new and existing co-workers, partners, and customers. It enables new opportunities, produces unexpected collaboration, and shifts perspectives. That’s why we focus daily on making travel more about why you’re going and less about how you’ll get there.
Our mission is to make in-person collaboration effortless.
- Empower engineers to make the biggest possible impact on the company.
- Quickly resolve blockers that prevent engineers from effectively accomplishing their work.
- Ensure engineers have access to subject matter experts, documentation, support, and near-real-time feedback.
- Organize a team that delivers high-quality engineering projects that timely meet business objectives.
- Implement software development lifecycle practices that support shipping high-quality code that reduces bugs and maintains the security of our customer’s data.
- Support engineers in accomplishing their professional development goals by ensuring they are working on challenging, engaging problems and that they know the growth paths available to them and how they can further their career.
The Typical Day
- One-on-one meeting with an engineer for feedback and discussing growth areas.
- White-boarding session with a couple engineers to brainstorm the best architecture solution for a refactor of a critical system.
- Coffee with a local startup’s engineering leader discussing best-practices for scaling early-stage dev teams.
- Collaborating with product to determine the best allocation of resources to accomplish upcoming goals.
- Demonstrated expertise running agile software teams, particularly in the Enterprise Software and/or SaaS space.
- Demonstrated experience successfully scaling engineering teams from under 10 to 30+
- BA/BS (or MA/MS) or equivalent experience.
- At least 7 years of experience in engineering at a software company
- Outstanding visual, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work in-person at our office in Denver (we're in RiNo!).