Director of Engineering
Poised to be one of the largest content powerhouses in the world, Inboxlab is an expansive network focused on building successful, high-quality brands around the inbox. Revolutionary in its scope and scale, Inboxlab has brilliantly innovated email—the last undisrupted digital communications platform—to engage and inspire communities via the inbox. Recognized as a Top 50 Startup to Watch in 2019 by Built In Colorado, Inboxlab is proud to be based in Denver and quickly adding to its team of go-getters and entrepreneurs.
Inboxlab presently focuses on two primary verticals: travel and gaming. Our mission-based flagship travel brand, The Discoverer, reaches 3,000,000+ subscribers with its weekly editions and the Inbox Games network currently serves 50,000,000+ game plays per month.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Director of Engineering, you will report directly into the CTO at Inboxlab and be responsible for product development within the Engineering team. You will be helping develop engineering leaders, solve problems, create efficient processes and quality standards as well as keep the team productive and happy. You'll also be working closely with the Product team to ensure the product roadmap is achievable and is being delivered on time and with high quality.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Build, retain and lead a world-class product development team through coaching, mentorship, and technical guidance.
- Work closely with the Product team and other departments to help scale our product development operations to meet our product needs.
- Implement efficiencies and structure in engineering processes and standards to drive consistent delivery of quality development.
- Prioritize software development needs including design, development, and documenting and testing new and existing features.
- Work closely and collaboratively with different departments, customers, and stakeholders to meet our customer and product needs.
- Advocate/lead best practices for performance, reliability, scalability, security, and reusability.
- Communicate with the management team and translate business needs into technical specifications and requirements.
- Work in a product development process that is primarily agile/scrum.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING
- 5+ years of experience building software or supporting software delivery.
- You have managed teams that build software or support web-based software delivery in some way: Development, testing/QA, product management, release management, program management, production operations, and technical support.
- You have managed people from an HR perspective, including recruiting, hiring, retention, coaching, career planning, performance management and reviews.
- You have defined, implemented, or improved processes for your teams.
- You have experience with software architecture and building web technology at scale.
At Inboxlab we aim to provide equal opportunity for all! We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds and challenge each other to be better every day!