Director of Engineering, Features at ReCharge
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, we are seeking a Director of Engineering to lead our Feature group. The ideal candidate will possess a balance of technology and people management skills and lead with empathy. Cross-functional agility is essential and this leader will work closely with product and engineering leadership to evangelize ReCharge and create an exceptional feature experience.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Ansible, Memcached, NginxWhat You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Hire and grow your teams with A+ engineering talent; build and maintain a culture of speed, excellence, collaboration, mentorship, and open feedback in engineering.
- Develop and drive forward a strategic roadmap in collaboration with VP of Engineering and CTO.
- People manage and mentor feature group development managers and provide career growth guidance for group consisting of frontend, backend and quality engineers.
- Dive deep into technology and be on the forefront of the latest tools, technologies, and strategies and help evaluate, prototype, and introduce them to our teams.
- Measure and report on team execution; coach and improve the performance of existing engineers in your group.
- Typically, 12+ years of experience in fast paced engineering environments, preferably at a SaaS or e-commerce company
- Typically, 6+ years at minimum managing multiple agile development teams, preferably distributed
- Strong people leadership and role-model for technical excellence; exceptional delegation and people management skills
- Ability to partner with recruiting to effectively scale teams with world class engineering talent
- Experience in a modern web stack and cloud-native environments such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Track record of delivery in complex, high growth technical environments
- Desire and ability to work remote-first in a high growth company
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Since 2014, ReCharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, ReCharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 30 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 250+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
ReCharge | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.