Director, Emerging Products & Services at Zayo (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
This position serves as a key leadership role for the Strategic Networks Vertical Marketing Group. By partnering with sales leadership and marketing you will create Zayo’s strategies to accelerate growth in services provided within a Strategic Networks vertical. The director has a deep understanding of the moving parts in the continually evolving ecosystems. You will bring passion for working with customers to solve complex aspects of telecommunications solutions. The role acts as the subject matter expert for their respective vertical and keeps abreast of industry trends, competitors, technology innovation and regulatory developments.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, independent, experienced director level employee to help drive the evolution of how Zayo’s networks can fuel innovation. If the future of technology excites you and you embrace the unconventional, we want to hear from you. Success in the role requires senior-level experience in strategy or development for 5+ years, demonstrated leadership working with senior customer executives and hands-on ability to drive the design of Zayo’s strategy.
- Create the short, medium, and long term plans for measurable commercial success of the Zayo infrastructure solutions for supporting your vertical marketing group
- Collaborate with Zayo senior leadership to provide a roadmap that demonstrates the growth of Zayo solutions in the vertical
- Subject matter expert for communications infrastructure based products as well as key evangelist of Zayo’s infrastructure based solutions
- Identify new markets for Zayo infrastructure and opportunities for product expansion
- Represent the company in customer meetings and with new prospects, including at the executive level. Speak at large engagements on Zayo solutions
- Identify new potential accounts and strategic partners. Work with sales and marketing to create relationships with these new companies
- 6-8 years of strategy or development experience, preferably in the telecommunications industry.
- Education: Undergraduate degree with either an engineering or business focus. MBA a plus.
- Effective Communication: Ability to prepare and present complex material in simple, concise communications to a wide range of audiences
- Financial Analysis: well-developed financial skills including business case development and financial analysis
- Business development: be the subject matter expertise to support the direct sales team as they go to market with Zayo’s government infrastructure products
- Application Proficiency: Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is a plus
- Travel estimate of 33%
- Demonstrated history of solving complex problems
- Independent, self-starter with ability to effectively prioritize competing deliverables
- Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives, and to keep the big picture in focus
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision
- CO pay range: $118,400 - $173,700
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.