The Director of DevOps is responsible for leading the DevOps team members to review requirements, design, schedule and implement an automated CI/CD/CT architecture, reviewing source code management strategies, creating a software configuration & library management (SCLM) processes, managing tool integrations for engineering tools and helping define the performance engineering strategy for the products.
The Director of DevOps is responsible for directing the architecture, configuration, integration, automation, monitoring and support of a cloud-based hosting of Convercent-developed applications and associated resources. This position ensures the team is delivering towards the agreed quality standards, managing the accepted compliance levels for source code repositories and performance metrics for the products.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for building a transparent data driven DevOps organization, strategy and driving repeatable process and procedures in support of multiple always-available cloud-based SaaS applications.
- Supports automated and continuous production application deployments, building new systems and upgrading and patching existing ones.
- Contributes to, reports on and reviews DevOps budget and capacity planning
- Drives continual performance improvement of technologies and infrastructure that supports code build and deployment
- Uses monitoring tools to find and report on problems, resolve and/or partner with development and ensure that Convercent meets/exceeds SLAs
- Builds, automates and manages development and testing environments, assisting developers in debugging application issues using appropriate tools
- Manages the building of tools, processes and procedures to support the infrastructure and contribute to the formalization of system support documents, processes, procedures and checklists
- Has an “Automate Everything” mindset to support scalable growth and promotes the use of scripting and frameworks to build required automation and tools
- Operates the platform within our InfoSec security and privacy guidelines
- Learns on the job and explores modern technologies with little supervision
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5+ years of DevOps, configuration management and software deployment leadership experience plus the education listed below
- Experience developing formal processes and procedures that automate the movement of a software product through a development lifecycle in an incremental and repeatable manner
- Uses a metrics driven approach to inform each decision with data to help facilitate process changes or drive development
- Experience driving progress towards a model of continuous deployment and testing
- Containerization architecture, management and orchestration expertise including experience with automation / orchestration tool evaluation and selection
- Deep understanding of networking and application load balancing concepts and technologies
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment / Continuous Testing experience
- Extensive experience with Agile methodologies in a SaaS organization
- Advanced level knowledge working with Ubuntu 20.04 and 18.04.
- Understands and used Jenkins daily.
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like WireGuard, SFTP, VPN (IPSEC/ISAKMP), OpenVPN, LDAP, SSL, SQL, and JSON.
- Experience directing, managing and leading DevOps teams in support of 10+ development groups
- Experience working within .Net Microsoft stack.
- Git and Github experience
- Azure or AWS Cloud platform administration and automation experience
- Experience writing custom Ruby scripts, Jenkins scripts, Chef cookbooks, Ansible playbooks or similar and standard methodologies involved with maintaining a large server environment.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems (MIS)/Computer Science (CS) or equivalent relevant experience
- SQL Server installation, configuration, management and database Administration experience
- Website tuning and troubleshooting experience
- Ruby, Python, PERL or similar scripting/development experience
What you’d do:
- You will be supporting and improving daily processes such as testing, backup, and deployment, via automation
- You will be proactively assisting DevOps engineers in diagnosing and solving issues with development and build environments
- You will be establishing and improving infrastructure in support of production, test, and development systems
- You will be monitoring systems for issues in real-time, responding to them as they occur, and working proactively to minimize future issues
- You will be handling support requests from clients in support of both production and test systems
What you know:
- You are proactive with a high attention to detail and ability to multitask effectively
- You have a strong working knowledge of the Windows operating system, including basic system administration and a high degree of comfort working from the command line
- You have strong experience with version control software and principles
- You have experience with Open Source software management, deployment and support
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary compensation range provided here is just that—a range! The offer that is ultimately extended is based on level of experience, skillset, certifications and education.
- Compensation: $155,000 - $170,000 base salary
- This position includes unlimited time off, comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), monthly tech stipend, and company-paid sabbatical at five years of service.
Bringing the transformative power of the cloud to the compliance and ethics industry, Convercent's award-winning SaaS solution empowers our customers to be more effective and efficient in managing their compliance efforts. With an inclination towards innovation, Convercent is helping our customers raise the standard—and expectations—for how companies safeguard their financial and reputational health.
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Why are we asking you for this information? We are committed to be a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. If you choose to fill out these demographic questions, your response will help us identify how we can improve our hiring process to support a more diverse workplace.
Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Your responses, or choice not to respond, will not be associated with your application for this role, will not be used in making any hiring decisions, and will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
Hiring from a wide variety of backgrounds is important to us, because our customers and their employees come from a wide variety of backgrounds. Individuals seeking employment at Convercent are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.