The Director of DevOps is responsible for leading the DevOps team members to review requirements, design, schedule and implement an automated CI/CD/CT architecture, reviewing source code management strategies, creating a software configuration & library management (SCLM) processes, managing tool integrations for engineering tools and helping define the performance engineering strategy for the products.
The Director of DevOps is responsible for directing the architecture, configuration, integration, automation, monitoring and support of a cloud-based hosting of Convercent-developed applications and associated resources. This position ensures the team is delivering towards the agreed quality standards, managing the accepted compliance levels for source code repositories and performance metrics for the products.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for building a transparent world-class data driven DevOps organization, strategy and driving repeatable process and procedures in support of multiple always-available cloud-based SaaS applications.
- Supports automated and continuous production application deployments, building new systems and upgrading and patching existing ones
- Contributes to, reports on and reviews DevOps budget and capacity planning
- Drives continual performance improvement of technologies and infrastructure that supports code build and deployment
- Uses monitoring tools to find and report on problems, resolve and/or partner with development and ensure that Convercent meets/exceeds SLAs
- Builds, automates and manages development and testing environments, assisting developers in debugging application issues using appropriate tools
- Manages the building of tools, processes and procedures to support the infrastructure and contribute to the formalization of system support documents, processes, procedures and checklists
- Has an “Automate Everything” mindset to support scalable growth and promotes the use of scripting and frameworks to build required automation and tools
- Operates the platform within our InfoSec security and privacy guidelines
- Learns on the job and explores modern technologies with little supervision
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 5+ years of DevOps, configuration management and software deployment leadership experience plus the education listed below
- Experience developing formal processes and procedures that automate the movement of a software product through a development lifecycle in an incremental and repeatable manner
- Uses a metrics driven approach to inform each decision with data to help facilitate process changes or drive development
- Experience driving progress towards a model of continuous deployment and testing
- Containerization architecture, management and orchestration expertise including experience with automation / orchestration tool evaluation and selection
- Deep understanding of networking and application load balancing concepts and technologies
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment / Continuous Testing experience
- Extensive experience with Agile methodologies in a SaaS organization
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, ASP.NET, SQL, HTML, XML, JSON, SFTP, VPN (IPSEC/ISAKMP)
- Experience directing, managing and leading DevOps teams in support of 10+ development groups
- Experience working within .Net Microsoft stack.
- TFS, VSTS and Github experience
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems (MIS)/Computer Science (CS) or relevant experience
- Azure or AWS Cloud platform administration and automation experience
- SQL Server installation, configuration, management and database Administration experience
- Windows Server Administration experience, including experience with Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, and DirSync with Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Exposure to system log analytic/monitoring tools like New Relic, Splunk, Application Insights, System Center
- Website tuning and troubleshooting experience
- Experience writing custom Powershell DSC scripts, Jenkins scripts, Chef cookbooks, Puppet manifest, Ansible playbooks or similar and standard methodologies involved with maintaining a large server environment.
- PowerShell, Python, Pearl or similar scripting/development experience
What you’d do:
- You will be supporting and improving daily processes such as testing, backup, and deployment, via automation
- You will be proactively assisting DevOps engineers in diagnosing and solving issues with development and build environments
- You will be establishing and improving infrastructure in support of production, test, and development systems
- You will be monitoring systems for issues in real-time, responding to them as they occur, and working proactively to minimize future issues
- You will be handling support requests from clients in support of both production and test systems
What you know:
- You are proactive with a high attention to detail and ability to multitask effectively
- You have a strong working knowledge of the Windows operating system, including basic system administration and a high degree of comfort working from the command line
- You have strong experience with version control software and principles
- You have experience with Open Source software management, deployment and support
Robust. Agile. Collaborative. And you should see our software. Bringing the transformative power of the cloud to the compliance and ethics industry, Convercent's award-winning SaaS solution empowers our customers to be more effective and efficient in managing their compliance efforts and mitigating risk. With an inclination towards innovation, Convercent is helping our customers raise the standard--and expectations--for how companies safeguard their financial and reputational health.
Convercent is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.