Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of productivity infrastructure solutions for modern software. Over 80,000 developers worldwide use the Nylas platform to quickly and securely build productivity features into their applications. With Nylas, developers get unprecedented access to rich communications data from their end-users, pre-built workflows that automate everyday tasks, embeddable UI/UX components for fast front-end development, and comprehensive security features - all delivered via a suite of powerful APIs that make integration easy.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell. Developers around the world use Nylas to quickly and securely build email, scheduling, and work automation features into their applications. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Nylas is a BIG advocate for the well-being of its employees, which is why we have embraced a People First philosophy. It’s about giving more autonomy and flexibility to our employees. It’s not about when, where or how the work is accomplished; it’s about adopting a mindset of velocity and trust when tackling the work. It’s about respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
Nylanauts have the ability to decide the best workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. Why? Because we want our employees to be great; because we are focussed on being a high-performing team. To achieve this mission, we remove barriers and offer more autonomy. So, Nylanauts are encouraged to find those environments that inspire them to be great. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Montana or from the beaches of Italy.
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can! The workspace is there to be utilized.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
Nylas is hiring a Director of Developer Relations who is as passionate about our developers as we are, who is excited about being able to build out and lead a team, and who will have full ownership over the vision and strategy for developer advocacy at Nylas.
The Director of Developer Relations will lead the team that champions developer marketing activities for Nylas’ high-growth business productivity APIs. In this role, you will develop a plan to attract, engage, and grow a community of developers, and work with your reports to own channels such as video (YouTube), content (the blog), and events, hackathons, and meetups. You will partner closely with Product, Product Marketing, Technical Writers, and Field Marketing to execute your vision for a delightful developer experience across every touchpoint in the developer journey.
What You'll Do
- Manage a budget against defined team goals; develop team OKRs
- Hire and manage a talented team of developer advocates
- Work cross-functionally with Field Marketing to plan and execute on meetups, hackathons, and developer events
- Player-coach where needed as we build out and hire for the developer advocacy program
- Provide strategic insights to the documentation and technical writing team
- Work with product marketing to position new products and increase product adoption
- Lead the team that prepares technical content for YouTube demos, engineering-centric blog posts, hackathons, and more.
- Create a scalable structure for our developer audience to share insights about their feedback on the Nylas APIs.
What You'll Bring
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in Developer Advocacy / Developer Relations
- 3+ years of experience managing and developing teams
- Up-to-date knowledge of best practices in developer advocacy platforms, communities, and initiatives
- Desire to engage with technical audiences online and in-person to help developers build with the Nylas product ecosystem.
- Empathy with technical audiences, and an ability to articulate their needs to product teams
- Familiarity with API concepts like REST, GraphQL, Webhooks, OpenAPI, and OAuth
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Healthcare: 90% of medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Retirement Plan: 401k & RRSP with a company match (super rare for a startup)
- Holidays: 14 paid annual holidays (New Year’s Day, Family Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Indigenous People's Day, etc)
- Education Grant: annual learning & development benefit
- Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
- Voting/Election PTO: 4 hours of paid time off to vote in person or volunteer at a polling place
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
Read Full Job Description