Director – Cloud Architecture at Granicus LLC
Are you looking for meaning and purpose in the work you do?
Granicus is a global (remote first) software as a service company building products for the public sector. We digitize government services for all levels of government: city, county, state and federal. We also work with the UK, Canada, Australia and EU.
Examples of our work:
- City of Oakland, California has used Granicus solutions to enhance its transparency and citizen engagement efforts.
- In the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, the City of Hurst, Texas was inundated with calls and emails about how to provide donations, dollars or a helping hand, which consumed valuable staff time. They needed a "central source of truth" and an easier way to get vital information to residents before, during and after the hurricane.
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) needed an efficient way to improve and increase foster parent recruitment in the state with a 400% over goal result.
Click => Success Stories to learn more about the impactful work we've done in communities across the country and world.
Some quick highlights about us:
- #1 GovTech company
- 22B messages sent annually (22B is not a typo)
- 280M subscribers
- 900+ global employees (300+ on the product team)
- Remote first company, this is not temporary. Should you be seeking an in person or hybrid situation and live near one of our hubs we can accommodate you.
Click => Careers to learn more about working at Granicus.
NOTE: Granicus is subject to the Executive Order requiring employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
About this role:
- Hiring Manager: Gerry Hanson - VP Cloud - LinkedIn Profile
- Salary Range: $150K+ and bonus (starting salary may differ by experience and/or location)
- Interview process: 5-6 steps that can be done in < 3 weeks (calendars permitting)
The following is a profile or persona of who we are looking for. If you have many of the characteristics below, and we want to learn more about all your skills, please apply so we can start a conversation.
Granicus is actively seeking an experienced leader of cloud architecture to work within our Product organization. At Granicus, architects are leaders in technology playing a significant role in driving technology planning and execution and at the same time driving standards and innovation. As the Director of Cloud Architecture, you will be responsible for leading a team that is developing technology blueprints that leverage cloud services, automation and ensure public cloud solutions are optimized for cost, functionality, security, and scalability. This leader will also be responsible for developing and driving the cloud computing strategy along with the introduction of new emerging technologies, public cloud services, cloud adoption plans, and global cloud management strategies. You will work with other Product teams and business stakeholders to drive and enable the solutions to cloud-native design and deployment methodologies.
What You'll Do:
- Develops technology blueprints that leverage cloud services, automation and ensure public cloud solutions are optimized for cost, functionality security and scalability.
- Develops and drives the cloud computing strategy along with the introduction of new emerging technologies, public cloud services, cloud adoption plans, and global cloud management strategies.
- Designs target state Cloud Architecture, partnering with other areas, such as DevOps, SRE, DBA's and Development teams.
- Ensures all technical leaders have architected resilient and robust systems. May oversee technology assessments, technology strategy reviews, and provide internal consulting to ensure all areas are practicing sound architecture hygiene.
- Translates complex ideas, technology, and programs into language senior management can relate to and performs as a key influencer on technical decisions that affect the business on a long-term basis.
- Directs Architecture team in defining technology strategy and roadmaps.
- Performs as an idea generator, working with others as a thought leader and subject- matter expert to help brainstorm new processes and solutions.
- Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives and roadmap. Transfers knowledge and collaborates across functional lines and/or across departments.
- Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs.
- Mentor, coach and develop employees through on-boarding, open communication, training, development opportunities and performance management processes. At the same time builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are:
- This individual must be able to translate complex ideas, technology, and programs into language senior management can relate to and be a key influencer on technical decisions that affect the business on a long-term basis.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or a related field ideally combined with an advanced technical degree.
- Passion and curiosity, desire to work with others to cultivate ideas and produce creative solutions to difficult problems while making smart choices balancing design and delivery.
- A strong influencer who can integrate optimally into the culture. Combine facilitation skills with a results orientation to deliver excellence and execution.
- Organizational savvy and maturity; work effectively across different organizational units and business and technology groups.
Granicus is subject to the Executive Order requiring employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.