Digital Developer, Salesforce Commerce Cloud
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip—a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device—was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014 and the 100 millionth sold in 2018. PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and fun products.
PopSockets was named one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado in 2018 and also listed as Inc. 5000's second fastest growing company in the US, with a 71,424% percent of sales increase over the last three years.
For more information on what it’s like to work at PopSockets, click here. Read more about our recent rebrand and updated packaging here.
The digital presence is essential to the success of PopSockets as the company continues to experience strong growth. In your role as a senior eCommerce developer, your day-to-day tasks will consist of creating visually engaging, innovative, and functional mobile and web products. This role will require architecture and implementation of small to large solutions within the full SFCC technology stack. Your ability to bring your vision and concepts to life will not only be welcomed but celebrated. You will not only be challenged to implement best practices and high standards but also to think in new ways and explore new and engaging ways to solve real-world problems for the business. You will be working with a highly driven team, looking to provide the best online brand experience possible.
- Act as a subject matter expert for Salesforce development, configuration, integration, and customization of fields, objects and workflows
- Knowledge of design skills that cover all facets of the web
- Create and maintain a library of design/developed campaign templates
- Architecting high-level code structures and pattern usage
- Understanding of web design concepts from a user perspective
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to communicate with clients and internal stakeholders to discuss requirements, troubleshoot bugs and offer technical support as needed for Salesforce/CRM platform
- Experience with Responsive Website Design
- Experience with various forms of online marketing, including mobile, social, content, email, etc.
- Resolve site issues and implement creative solutions to technical challenges
- Continually innovate and explore new online experiences and rethinking existing solutions to past and current challenges
- Collaborate across developers, designers, product managers, and executives to drive product designs from concept to implementation
- Implement complex web infrastructure, with exceptional user experience and maintainability
- Communicate effectively with peers and management
- Provides off-hour, on-call support as needed according to a rotating schedule
- At least 2 years experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud architecture, design and implementation
- At least 5 years experience with web design and development
- Strong understanding of web site performance and monitoring
- Strong command of Vanilla js, ES6, HTML5, CSS3, SCSS, Cross-browser compatibility, W3C compatibility and best practices
- Familiarity with deployment pipelines and version control (github)
- B.S. Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent experience ideal
- Must be able to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Must work well with others
- Roll up the sleeves, action-oriented mindset to have an impact in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
- Great sense of humor
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Qualifications (Big Plus):
- Experience with REST API, AMPscript, Audience Builder, Content Builder, Contact Builder, Journey Builder, Marketing Cloud Connect, and Data Extensions
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Implementation and Administration Experience
- Experience building Responsive Email Templates
- Experience designing and executing campaigns
- Experience with general marketing processes and concepts
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Certification is a plus
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.