Founded in 2015, Automox is on a mission to automate and reduce the pain that comes with securing and managing endpoints within the modern enterprise. With an increasing number of operating systems, servers, hardware and applications that need to be maintained updated, configured, and patched on a regular basis, IT ops teams are feeling fatigued and vulnerable. Automox is building a company and team to tackle this problem.
At Automox we value an entrepreneurial mindset. With our customers always top of mind, teams are empowered to make decisions quickly and consistently be adding small incremental value. Is it going to be perfect every time? Probably not. But with the freedom to try and fail we believe greatness will happen sooner than if we waited for perfection.
As the world is changing so are we. Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring a talented and diverse workforce across the US. We are up to something extraordinary and are seeking curious problem solvers, revolutionaries, and challengers to the status quo to join our team. If you are tired of traditional corporate work environments that put processes over people, or simply looking to ply your craft in a way that impacts both company and customers in a material way - then Automox might be the right place for you.
As a Cloud DevSecOps engineer at Automox, you'll research, design, and implement automation and Cybersecurity solutions to protect our client's most sensitive information in AWS, Azure, and GCP using secure systems development practices. You'll coordinate with Engineering, IT Ops, SecOps, and Executive teams, to identify the right mix of tools and techniques to bolster and harden Automox's current cloud and software security posture.
You'll work as a team through a critical approach to design, providing alternatives and customizing solutions to maintain a balance of security and mission requirements. This is a chance to truly make a difference in the security of both our customers and Automox's critical systems. Your technical expertise will be instrumental as you help Automox overcome our most difficult challenges by integrating secure systems development practices like infrastructure as code, automated compliance, security testing, immutable containers, and end-to-end automated deployments.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Cloud security, Secure SDLC, and Web application pen-testing testing and remediation.
THE FUN STUFF
- Truly Make a Difference: Collaborate with Engineering, SecOps, and Product teams to positively impact all functions within Automox, including securing our cloud infrastructure, enhancing our SDLC processes, finding and remediating security bugs, or proposing a new product feature that will genuinely help secure ourselves and our customers.
- Move at the Speed of Light: Time is of the essence, work with a highly talented, focused, and driven engineering team to implement scalable cloud security controls. Leave the barriers behind and enjoy the speed and fluidity that comes with being part of a startup.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Successfully established and implemented a scalable and secure cloud architecture strategy, specifically on AWS.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, organization design and development.
- Hands-on experience writing tools that can integrate with the CI/CD pipeline and user-facing tools with good user experience.
- Have delivered high signal, low noise security tools that accurately identify security issues early in the SDLC.
- Have experience with security testing at scale by building and implementing static and dynamic analysis tools, open-source scanning tools, and integrating security into a CI/CD workflow.
- Have hands-on experience with the tools and technologies used throughout secure SDLC
- Solid understanding of application development frameworks, build systems, and the ability to integrate tools into the CI infrastructure.
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Gitlab CI, Jenkins, and build tools like CMake.
- Familiarity with SAST, DAST, and OSS scanning tools.
- Solid understanding of common software and web application security vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of crypto primitives, authentication protocols, and authorization standards (Eg: SSL/TLS, SAML, OAuth, JWT tokens).
- Awareness of regulatory/statutory compliance e.g. PCI, GDPR,CCPA,ISO 27001 & NIST 800-53, info-security.
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both the business and technical sides of the company.
- 10+ years of experience in IT and business applications, systems, services.
- 5+ years experience of Agile leadership responsibilities cross-functional teams influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- 5+ years experience managing and scaling services in cloud environments, specifically AWS.
We are on a mission to enable every IT Admin to automate the fundamental tasks that keep their corporation secure. This mission can only be accomplished with a culture embodies entrepreneurialism, accountability and providing our employees with the clear direction and freedom to do their best work. We don’t measure excellence based on how but on the what. Each employee has a value and contribution to the success of Automox. We look forward to working with you and seeing the success you will bring on our journey.
Remote: Home office in the US
This is an entrepreneurial opportunity to own and put your name on something truly special. Don’t let the opportunity pass you by.
***Due to the stage we're in as a business we're not able to sponsor or transfer work visa at this time***