DevOps/Performance Engineer II at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
This is an opportunity to be a part of a team that is focused on utilizing the latest tools and techniques to automate and improve all aspects of performance engineering, testing and analysis for complex distributed systems.
What you will be doing
Bringing forth solutions to automate performance test execution and analysis processes. Some examples of specific tasks in this space follow:
- Implementing CICD automation utilizing tools such as Jenkins, XL Deploy, etc.
- Developing automation tools as needed to integrate all aspects of performance testing leveraging software development skills/tools.
- Implementation of Cloud based tools via Azure and/or AWS.
- Integrating tools such as NeoLoad and Dynatrace.
- Conducting data analytics utilizing tools such as: Python, Splunk and Kibana.
- Research industry trends and technologies and promote adoption of best-in-class tools, technologies and improved processes.
- Demonstrate innovative thinking and strong problem-solving skills to develop solutions for complex issues.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or related field.
- Must be familiar with performance monitoring, analysis and identify tuning opportunities.
- Experience with APM tools such as Dynatrace, App Dynamics, etc.
- Experience with reporting/monitoring tools such as Splunk, Elastic Search, Kibana.
- Experience with performance test tools such as: NeoLoad, JMeter, etc.
- Familiar with both RDMBS (Oracle/SQL Server) and NoSQL (MongoDB) etc.
- Experience in full stack development in Java with focus on server side development.
- Familiar with code mgt tools such as Bitbucket, GitHub etc.
- Able to clearly communicate/present clear data and results and adapt to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to plan and prioritize personal and teams work and adjust quickly to changing priorities/work load.
Added bonus if you have:
- Working Knowledge of Python with some data analytics experience is a plus
- Experience and understanding of applications and processes in the FinTech industry is a plus.
- Familiar with modern technologies such as IOT and Block Chain is a plus.
- Defect management experience with tools such as Rally, Jira etc.
- Familiar with Agile tools and processes.
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and excellent bonus potential (upon entering a full sales executive role)
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.