Matillion is data transformation for cloud data warehouses. We are a company with all 5-star customer product reviews on AWS Marketplace and all 5-star employee reviews on Glassdoor. Matillion is dual-headquartered in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado and we are expanding the teams across all functions globally.
As a company we are confident without arrogance, customer obsessed and care about our people and communities. With rapid growth for 2020, we are looking for people to join Matillion who share our integrity, drive, and passion.
Within our Denver office, we are looking for a DevOps Solution Architect to join #TeamGreen!
A DevOps Solution Architect helps customers to create and maintain the cloud infrastructure which underpins Matillion, both during pre-sales and after purchase, through a close and collaborative relationship with engineering .
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Customer Infrastructure management
- Customer Infrastructure support
- Assisting product demonstrations
- Assisting customers during pre-sales
- Creating digital content
- Enthusiasm for understanding and learning a wide range of technologies
- Troubleshooting complex cloud infrastructure problems and Linux OS issues
- Network security fundamentals
- Experience of configuration management such as Salt or Ansible
- Creating infrastructure through automation (Terraform / CloudFormation preferred)
- Docker / container management (Kubernetes preferred)
- Source code management using git
- Experience configuring Web Application Servers (Tomcat preferred)Scripting (Python preferred)
- Working knowledge of the SDLC
- Experience working with JSON or XML REST APIs
- Experience working directly with end-users
- Cloud certification (AWS/Azure/GCP)SQL, ETL or data integration experience
- Java background
- A 1st or 2:1 class degree in a technical subject (qualifications may be waived in lieu of experience)
- Passionate and enthusiastic about the latest information technology advancements.
- A self-confessed technology geek
- Consultant style, with solid technical/engineering background
- Ability to thrive in an Agile environment
- Empathy and/or diplomacy when dealing with novices to the Cloud
Find out more about Matillion
Our purpose-built data transformation products for Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, and Snowflake are trusted by over 500+ businesses all over the world, including GE, Siemens, Converse and Citrix, making us an industry leader. Businesses are generating more data than ever before, across a variety of source systems. They need new and more efficient ways of consolidating and transforming your data sources in order to make better, more informed decisions and in turn, gain competitive advantage. Matillion helps businesses of all sizes handle the variety, volume, and velocity of their data, by transforming data across various sources into cloud data warehouses.
When we hire at Matillion, we hire people not roles. We are interested in growing our team whilst protecting our culture, with dedicated and passionate individuals who share our values. The Matillion values are the same across all roles, functions, and geographies.
1. We are Confident without Arrogance: We take pride in what we do but we stay humble.
2. We work with Integrity: We have a strong moral compass; we are transparent, and we hold ourselves accountable.
3. We are Customer Obsessed: We will always go above and beyond, to listen to, acknowledge and value our customers.
4. We Innovate and Demand Quality: We believe no product, process or individual is finished.
5. We have a Bias for Action: We get things done...in a considered way
6. We Care about our People and our Communities: We treat people how we would like to be treated
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our People Operations team will be in touch!