Site Reliability Engineer - IVD (ADX-210-20)
In October 2020, Invitae Corporation (NYSE: NVTA) combined with ArcherDX, a genomic analysis company specializing in cancer diagnostics and monitoring, to create a leading comprehensive medical and cancer genetics company. As a combined company, Invitae, is bringing world-class genetic testing and diagnostics into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our goal is to aggregate the world’s genetic tests into a single service with higher quality and accuracy, faster turnaround time and actionable results. Learn more at invitae.com and archerdx.com.
The Site Reliability Engineer position is responsible for a variety of process and infrastructure initiatives, including platform maintenance and enhancements for Archer’s flagship cloud-based genomics product, automating existing pipelines to improve efficiency and long-term ecosystem health, performing software updates across our AWS platform, and ensuring that managed assets are performing as expected through the use of telemetry, automated alerts, and self-healing infrastructure.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Ensure that the infrastructure supporting Archer’s genomics platform is highly available, scalable, and maintainable
- Maintain and extend existing configuration management deployments
- Perform software installations using existing infrastructure and configuration management tools
- Collaborate with the Cloud Operations team to migrate existing deployment tools into a fully automated and managed process
- Collaborate with DevOps team to extend and enhance existing CI/CD pipelines
- Work directly with the DevOps team and software engineers to ensure system integrity
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve telemetry gathering, reporting, and alerting
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by company
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, software engineering, or related field, or equivalent working experience
- 3 years in an SRE/DevOps role, or related IT or operations field
- Strong Linux and Bash skills
- Proficient with configuration management tools (e.g. Salt, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Proficient with AWS tools and infrastructure (EC2, S3, IAM, ECS, Lambda, and CloudWatch),
- Proficient with CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins), and scripting languages (Python strongly preferred)
- Proficient with IAC tools such as Terraform (preferred)
- Proficient with containerized systems in a cloud environment
- Familiar with Scrum and Agile development methodologies
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Drive and determination
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the projects and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward.
- BS/MS in computer science, information system, or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Read Full Job Description