DevOps (Infrastructure as Code) Engineer
Wowza Media Systems is currently seeking a DevOps (Infrastructure as Code) Engineer who will work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems.
What You Will Be Doing
You will be responsible for helping automate and streamline our operations and processes, building and maintaining tools for release automation, continuous integration, deployment, monitoring, trouble shooting and resolving issues in our development, test, and production environments.
- Work closely with other functional areas to automate the full system lifecycle for product development/delivery
- Build solutions collaboratively, not in silos.
- Prioritize and multitask simultaneous projects while helping to increase revenue.
- Assure 24/7 /365 systems availability.
- Participate in internal projects that help scale the organization, implement best practices, and improve our methodology.
- Design/architect highly scalable, available systems of varying complexity and scope.
- Write Terraform modules to automate the deployment of various types of cloud provider infrastructure components
- Manage multiple iterations of automatically created cloud infrastructure
- Create Kubernetes manifests and/or work with other developers to support the creation of Kubernetes manifests to describe workloads
- Create and Manage Infrastructure to run K8s workloads.
- Help Support development teams in the creation of Docker images to run their applications.
- Work with Development and QA teams in building CI/CD pipelines for their products
- File patents as appropriate
Experience we would love you to have
- Strong Software Development and Computer Science background
- Experience and passion for practicing DevOps
- Experience with CI/CD
- Understanding of modern software architecture and systems practices for building secure, scalable and highly available systems
- Experience with a variety of relevant technologies including
- Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Linux, Shell Scripting, Git, Jenkins, Chef, AWS, Google Compute, Azure
- Knowledge of scaling streaming media delivery and streaming media SaaS platforms
- Experience with Wowza Media Server a plus
- TDD and unit test experience a plus
- Scrum/Agile development methodology a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field and 5+ years of experience in systems engineering.
Who We Are
Wowza Media Systems (www.wowza.com) creates streaming products and services for delivering video and audio streams to any screen, from desktops to televisions to mobile devices. We have been in business for over ten years, won numerous industry awards, and are driving over 20,000 customers in more than 170 countries.
We are committed to shaping the streaming industry and lead the way with products and services that both simplify streaming, and provide tools for advanced users to build their own customized solutions. By staying true to our focus on customer success we continue to redefine our industry and impact the world. As a result, we are growing rapidly, building out our teams, services and infrastructure.
What we love about working for Wowza
- Million Dollar Views of the Mountains, Denver Metro, and Live Buffalo!
- Strong benefits package including Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, PTO and 401k match
- An appetizing kitchen stocked with food and drinks…. dog treats too!
- The ability to work with amazing clients and partners such as ESPN, Walt Disney, Facebook, US Air Force, Harvard University and Amazon
- Gym Discounts to satisfy that urge to move
- Spacious office with state of the art equipment
This is a great opportunity to join an innovative, successful start-up that is passionate about our customers and has a track record of delivering results. ?