Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Must be located in the United States
FluentStream is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company that simplifies and automates how businesses communicate with customers. Thousands of businesses across the country have replaced their legacy phone system with FluentStream’s modern, cloud-based communications platform. Our apps enable support, sales and other professionals to deliver an exceptional customer experience from any device or location. Our 80+ remote employees share a passion for teamwork, fast-paced challenges, flexibility and inclusion. We are proud to be consecutively recognized by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing private companies, and by BuiltIn as one of best companies to work for in the U.S.
We are looking for a Principal Developer to work across the Tech organization as we transform our platform and build a scalable solution for current and future growth.
Our vision is to be the communications provider of choice for small and medium businesses by providing simple solutions, integrations, exceptional service and reliability through our relentless efforts to improve our company, client experience, teammates and ourselves. We are looking for curious, driven team members who are excited to help shape the future direction of FluentStream’s technology.
As part of the Development team you will be responsible for determining FluentStream’s multi-year design and architecture strategy. Successful candidates will have a passion for building reliable and scalable distributed systems, a technical background, hands-on experience in developing cloud systems at scale, and the ability to collaborate with others to drive initiatives forward.
- Troubleshooting network, OS, and application issues for a complex distributed cloud-based communications platform.
- Automating infrastructure build-outs and deployments for web, database, and application servers and containers with an emphasis on scale.
- Defining and developing strategies for systems logging, monitoring, and reporting to facilitate pro-active service repair and resource allocation planning.
- Helping to establish and document the technical architecture and procedural standards required to meet the organization’s goals for high availability and reliable service.
- Champion our culture of ownership and responsibility by demonstrating a dedication to meeting objectives
- Mentor developers at all levels
- This is an individual contributor role
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have 3+ years working with virtualized environments and containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience operating a full Linux production stack in a cloud environment (AWS, CentOS, Debian)
- Working knowledge of configuration management, monitoring, and unified logging (SaltStack, Terraform, Datadog)
- Solid understanding of general networking principles and common protocols
- Prior work with Asterisk, SIP, VOIP, or telephony in general
- Knowledge of RDBMS and NoSQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB, Redis)
- Familiarity with standard development tools and deployment pipelines (git, CI/CD)
- Experience with Java or TypeScript.
- Enjoys solving problems through the entire application stack
- Are able to take loose requirements, work with others to figure out what needs to be done, and drive a project forward
- Care about quality and know what it means to ship high quality code and infrastructure
- Love to collaborate with their peers, designing pragmatic solutions
- Have experience working in an Agile environment
Compensation: $125,000 to $225,000 per year plus equity
Location: This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in the United States.
- Company equity program
- Monthly stipend to facilitate a comfortable remote work environment
- Medical, dental, life and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid time off
- Paid family leave
- Short-term disability
- 401k plan
- Reimbursement for education and professional development
- Employee assistance program
- Pet insurance