Zoom is growing at an explosive pace by every measure - revenues, people, innovation, and customers. Led by Eric S. Yuan, the #1 ranked CEO on Glassdoor, our unique culture makes Zoom an awesome place to work. We are expanding teams across the organization. If you are motivated by delivering happiness, come join us at Zoom!
The Zoom Async Communication (back-end) team works on high impact projects that serve hundreds of millions of users every day. Cool, right! To work for such an Internet service with high scalability and high performance demand, you will be exposed to / learn popular internet stacks such as NoSql (HBase, DynamoDB, Cassandra), REST, Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker, Amazon S3, etc. You will have the opportunity to work on a team of extremely talented engineers to create and own a very challenging service with Silicon Valley's suite of popular tech stacks.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with other engineers to package, release, and deploy team owned services to public cloud, such as Amazon AWS.
What you’ll do:
- As a member of the DevOps team, you will do subset of following tasks:
- • Own the release process. Utilizing the continuous integration (CI) tools (such as Jenkins), you will build the system, release to production, monitor build and unit tests and end to end tests.
- • Use Terraform to manage clusters. We use terraform framework to add/update/remove and configure computers in EC2.
- • Use kubernetes to provision services. You will provision various services using kubernetes in AWS elastic kubernetes service (EKS).
- • Monitor service stats. You will use grafana to collect stats, define alarms/alerts to page engineers on duty.
- • Manage hadoop/hbase clusters together with the storage team. You will monitor/upgrade/recover hadoop/hbase cluster on demand.
- • BS in Computer Science, EE, with at least 1 years experience in Kubernetes
- • Some experience in either ansible or terraform
- • Experience in AWS is big plus
- • Familiarity with at least one scripting language, such as Python, shell, Ruby.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Hear from our leadership team
Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
Visit our Blog
Zoom with us!
Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram