DevOps Engineer at VIZIO
Date: Apr 10, 2021
Location: Denver, CO, US, 80206
Company: VIZIO, Inc.
About the Team:
Powerful entertainment experiences come from brilliant teams, and at VIZIO, we work together to deliver the latest SmartCast TV and Sound Bar Technology across the world. We are skilled engineers who care about the people they work with, the work they create, and the teams they nurture.
At VIZIO, we’re built around supporting each other in a relaxed, collaborative environment. We’re focused on learning, doing something new and valuable, and encouraging our team to do the same. With flexible work hours, a collaborative open-door environment, and teams who support each other in and out of the office, our work experience becomes meaningful. (And we don’t focus on hierarchy; instead, we work together to create the roles we’re most excited about).
Now we need a cloud focused Software Engineer to join us and own the infrastructure as code (IaC) of our team.
You will join a newly formed team in the Denver Metro Area to architect and implement our IaC to provide a robust and repeatable platform for our application, data, and QA teams.
- Operating Cost (driving the most scalable techniques)
- System Performance (meet and beat expectations)
- Delivery Pipeline (rapidly going from inception to production)
- Data Storage (available, resilient, protected)
- Environments (infrastructure, maintenance, engineering workflow)
- Telemetry (an eye on everything, early issue detection and mitigation)
- Caching (balance data update frequency with operating cost)
- Testing (work towards no surprises in production)
- Security (keep our systems working for us)
- Prototyping (rapidly explore new techniques, integrate the best)
- Augment (help a team with a deliverable)
- 3+ years of experience with software engineering
- 2+ years of implementing and maintaining IaC
- You are passionate about automating infrastructure, testing, and deploying using IaC tools like CloudFormation, CDK and Terraform
- You have knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, and agile methodologies
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Implemented and managed CI/CD pipelines
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Experience debugging complex problems
- You are highly skilled in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, TypeScript, Go
- Understands networking and cloud components/patterns
- AWS, GCP, Azure, or other cloud platforms
- You have contributed or maintained an open source project (preferably around Kubernetes ecosystem) that is visible to everyone with recommendations from other open source participants
- Experience implementing and operating large-scale distributed systems built with multiple languages and frameworks
- Experience with observability and tracing of distributed systems
- Experience with securing distributed systems
- You care about the quality of your deliverables
- You are not afraid to ask questions
- You are open to providing and receiving feedback
- You know how to finish projects and deliver on time (or can effectively communicate when things change)
- You are willing to help others even if it disrupts your work
- Implement and own the IaC of our team
- Team responsibilities
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Developer, Cloud, DevOps, Software Engineer, Engineer, Technology, Engineering
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $98,500/year. The compensation package includes quarterly bonus in addition to a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Developer, Computer Science, Cloud, TV, Engineering, Technology, Creative