Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM
As a DevOps Engineer and member of the DevOps team, you will help create infrastructure that allows a rapidly expanding company to streamline its development and deployment strategies. You will be responsible for helping to scale out our infrastructure by writing automation recipes which will help monitor systems, execute backups and automate day to day tasks.
We have an Agile (SCRUM) based team environment and release frequently. Your goal is to work hand-in-hand with experts from product development, operations and software testing to deliver Angi software quickly and reliably to customers, both internal and external.
What you’ll do:
- Supporting developer owned software releases on a daily basis
- Working to create continuous delivery pipeline to automatically push code through the environments
- Deploying, debugging and optimizing dev, test and production VM’s consisting of Linux, Apache, Tomcat
- Working with the team to own and maintain the production infrastructure - patches, backups, upgrades, AMI’s, and security
- Working to create tools to allow development teams to self-serve their platform needs
- Daily interaction with developers and participation in the development process
- Continuously iterating and improving our systems
- Creating documentation for supported systems and services
- Participating in on-call, and sharing in off-hours maintenance work
Who you are:
- Hands on experience with K8's and EKS clusters
- Software release experience
- At least one virtual hosting environment (AWS/Google Cloud Platform/Azure/etc.)
- Continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
- Containerization tools, such as Docker
- Automation tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Working in version control, especially with Git and Gitlab
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Working among multiple teams and communicating effectively to both technical and non-technical teammates
Bonus points if you have:
- History of professional growth, collaboration and excellent communication skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, demanding DevOps environment that requires collaboration
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $100,000-$140,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world